DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which better to buy Air 2 or Mini 2?

Is the mini 2 much better in the wind than the mini 1.I have the mini 1 and the mavic air 1 and often can’t fly the mini 1 due to the wind increase as you get higherbut the air 1 has no problem with it
I've had several DJI drones since 2015 including Inspire, Phantom 2&3, Mavic, Mavic 2 Pro&Zoom, Spark, Air 2, Mini & Mini 2 - which of these drones do you think I've flown in high winds ? - The Spark & Mini - and they have both coped well (as long as you start by flying against the wind, then you'll always get home safely). As for all the other DJI drones - whilst they may be able to stand stronger winds, the reality is I haven't been willing to risk it. The Spark & Mini are relatively cheap & light - so if they do crash they are less likely to break, & worst case you haven't lost a large sum of money.

They are both fantastic... great range and function. It comes down to what is most important to you The Mini 2 is the most portable and great for day hikes, carrying around for those moments you don't know you need a drone for until they happen. It also takes great pictures and video. It does sometimes feel like it is at its limit when its blustery.

The MA2 takes much better pictures and video if you spend the time to set it up correctly plus provides more speed and stability in the wind. I never feel like its going to get away from me because of unexpected wind.

Both for me.

In reply to a comment above, yes, restrictions in other countries was a consideration for why we added the Mini 2 as a tool, rather than just sticking with the P4P+. Our work is usually overseas.

As for wind, the P4P+ is amazing, even if landings have occasionally proved to be a bit tricky when up a mountain in poor weather. By all accounts, the Mini 2 is an improvement on the Mavic Mini (1) in wind. Anyway, the best light is usually at and just after sunrise when the winds have often yet to get up.

Again, for anyone who is unsure about the Mini 2, we're using the Mini 2 for professional filming. The quality of the video is good and when used as well as possible, in best light, the vast majority of viewers wouldn't notice anything amiss. The equipment is undoubtedly good, so it's down to you on how to use it.

Some mention they miss Active Track and I appreciate it can be useful. That said, I was once using this Intelligent Mode to film a two-trailer lorry delivering something important. The lorry was travelling along a straight bit of road, with nothing anywhere near that might cause interference. I was close, standing outside at the side of the road. I had to rapidly intervene, taking back manual control, as the P4P+ was about to "automatically" crash into the lorry whilst in Active Track. When you're manually controlling your drone, it's you who is in control. And DJI have done a fantastic job in allowing us to do this without too much difficulty.

Some mention they miss Active Track and I appreciate it can be useful. That said, I was once using this Intelligent Mode to film a two-trailer lorry delivering something important. The lorry was travelling along a straight bit of road, with nothing anywhere near that might cause interference. I was close, standing outside at the side of the road. I had to rapidly intervene, taking back manual control, as the P4P+ was about to "automatically" crash into the lorry whilst in Active Track. When you're manually controlling your drone, it's you who is in control. And DJI have done a fantastic job in allowing us to do this without too much difficulty.
This is true, however I like to film myself hiking or mountain biking. I have enough challenge not crashing on my mountain bike without also trying to fly a drone at the same time :) Therefore I find the active tracking to be useful.

This is true, however I like to film myself hiking or mountain biking. I have enough challenge not crashing on my mountain bike without also trying to fly a drone at the same time :) Therefore I find the active tracking to be useful.
Perhaps the two are linked?! :cool:?
Seriously, however, you do hear of a number of cases of people sadly falling over the edge of a cliff to their death whilst taking selfies. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111