DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

which dji drone is the quietest

I'm a bit late to the party but as others have already said, the Mini 3 Pro is quiet, and once up in the air 20 or 30 metres nobody will hear it in even a moderately built up area.

I agree with the prior posts about the M3P being the quietest, although it's my 1st & only drone, so I have no personal comparison.

I've watched several videos comparing the noise level, & besides it being very small & light, its props are also a little longer, so they turn slower, reducing the pitch of their sound.

Also, the standard battery, being lighter, also seems to make the drone quieter - the motors & props don't have to work so hard or to spin as fast, but that's purely subjective to me.

Thank you to all. I do not want to continue with the Mavic line up I find I am just not using them much at all since the Avta and FPV purchase. For a trip to Thailand where it is illegal to fly without a licence, which is a real pain in the bum to get, quietness is important. As I mentioned you almost never get bothered out of the cities.
I do not mean to upset people about my comment about the Mavic line up, I just honestly rarely use them.

Edit
Avata
Edit
I would like to explain in more detail but I am reluctant to start a storm and upset people.

Reactions: old man mavic
@John Gowland its not a problem to say why you prefer the FPV type drones to your original Mavics
they are totally different ,and flying them is a personal choice ,that all of us who fly any type of drone make for ourselves
personally for myself, i found after having a go with the first FPV drone from DJI, that i did not enjoy having the goggles on while flying ,so for me FPV is a no go
if you have found something that suits you in FPV then good on you ,

I have noticed this with all the drones I have flown. New props always lessen the noise. Makes perfect scientific sense. If you could manufacture titanium alloy props with knife sharp edges and tested till you got maximum lift it would be a marked difference. They would be very expensive and could remove a finger or two. Mmmm, shame I do not have any enemies to test it out on.
Nice in theory, but we need some flex in our props so the titanium option wouldnt be ideal. They would look and sound great though :)

@John Gowland irrespective of how many batteries you have right now ,if you really want an extremely quiet drone ,then i can honestly say ,that the Mini 3 pro ,is by far the quietest drone in the DJI stable
the first time i flew it,i was amazed at how difficult it was to hear it ,even in the hover ,the new rubber tipped props have transformed the pitch sound they make
Agree. M3Pro is the least intrusive noise out of the birds I've had (M2Zoom/Autels (for a while before they went wrong and I got shot of them). Used all of 'em in pro deployments where noise was an issue and the Mini 3 Pro wins hands-down.

I live in Mesa, AZ & fly my Mini 2 exclusively in Tonto National Forest. I fly at 20m-30m altitude and it's obvious that hikers I fly by can hear it. I assume it's the low humidity and little ambient sound in the Sonoran Desert. 20221126_161502.jpg

Nice in theory, but we need some flex in our props so the titanium option wouldnt be ideal. They would look and sound great though :)
I think there is Titanium in the wings of all aircraft, certainly in the body to provide strength to the very light aluminum. Anyway I hope so, I am getting in one early Thursday.

Thank you to all. I do not want to continue with the Mavic line up I find I am just not using them much at all since the Avta and FPV purchase. For a trip to Thailand where it is illegal to fly without a licence, which is a real pain in the bum to get, quietness is important. As I mentioned you almost never get bothered out of the cities.
I do not mean to upset people about my comment about the Mavic line up, I just honestly rarely use them.

Edit
Avata
Edit
I would like to explain in more detail but I am reluctant to start a storm and upset people.
Ok do not take this as an attack on any person. I am only expressing my opinion. I love flying it has given me so much pleasure. When you take good footage, slice it up, blend it, put some music with it and stick it on YT it is rewarding. It is a thing of beauty. You have created a reflection of the world, art in a way. And you have to have quite a bit of understanding of how stuff works. Technology, art? Something like that. Anyway when I got the FPV to stabilize its footage, thanks to Captain Drone, I was thrilled. When I got used to the Avata I was amazed, that thing can race through the smallest of spaces. I tell you, if you have not tried it, blows every other drone away. So I wanted my other drone to do the same. I tried the MA S2. I rebought, if that is a word, the MM2. What a disappointment. The MA was like a drunken elephant. The MM 2 (up to now the only drone I could not do without) was like a drunken baby elephant. They are so unstable, they wander, you can't take them down a canyon they will just wander into the walls. The Avata eats it up. "Wall? What wall, I'm going through and I can go fast." There is no way on this sweet planet that anyone can get a MM or MA to do this.

Edit and this would be impossible.

Last edited:
I think there is Titanium in the wings of all aircraft, certainly in the body to provide strength to the very light aluminum. Anyway I hope so, I am getting in one early Thursday.
not to many aircraft with titanium in wings or structure. You will generally find titanium in compressor blades of turbines

not to many aircraft with titanium in wings or structure. You will generally find titanium in compressor blades of turbines
I googled this "titanium in airplanes"
Titanium alloys account for approximately 15% of the Boeing 787 airframe by weight. In the Airbus A350XWB, it is about 14%, and is used in landing gear, pylons, attachments, door surrounds, frames, and other parts.6 Mar 2022

Yea its on components etc, hardware and mounti g attachements. Engine frames, landing gear components all the you are quoting. But not anywhere where you need flexing.
My experience is on fighter jets and bombers and dont have any time up on commercial airliners so i must admit Im not an expert on that space

Reactions: John Gowland
That's an interesting point you make. Just wondering what led you to that conclusion?
Agreed that is an interesting point, one I have never heard. Is it true??? I have no idea to be honest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028