DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which goggles are best

@PeteVee

Reactions
I’m sure this has been asked a hundred times at least.

I’m looking for recommendations on which would be the best headset to invest in for a Mavic Pro.

I do want the ability to turn the camera with my head, as well as hook up the goggles to an hdmi input (Xbox [emoji4])

Thanks in advance.

P

Reactions: Underpressure
The original white DJI Goggles do what your looking for better than any other option out there that I've found.

The red (RE) edition DJI Goggles will also do the same, but you'll pay significantly more for slightly lower latency which you'd never notice unless you're racing. (hence: Racing Edition) I don't know who races a DJI drone anyway.

I play Xbox One X and watch 4K movies on my DJI Goggles all the time via the HDMI port - they work great. They are a bit bulky so I'll sit or lie with my head rested against a pillow for longer gaming sessions. The goggles' batteries last me about 5 1/2 hours. And the head-tracking feature is very cool - I use it a LOT.

The great thing (for some of us) about the DJI Goggles is that there are quite a few people who bought them and found that they don't work well with their vision issues. So there are a lot of pairs of DJI goggles out there that have BARELY been used that you can buy from individuals at a discounted price. I got mine on Ebay for $300 about a year ago from a guy who had only used them a couple of times. Love them.

I have pretty bad eyes (near and far sighted - progressive lenses) but surprisingly, (luckily) I have zero problems seeing the screens in the goggles crystal-clear, with no lenses or inserts. Everyone's vision is different and it really varies from person to person, I believe.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

TrayBoz, thanks for your follow up... I didn't even consider the eyewear situation.. i wear glasses, can't wear contacts, so I might be one of those guys flipping a set that I barely use! All things considered, they definitely sound like the right headset for the job.

@admin, apologies for posting in the wrong thread... Thanks for the move.

P

Looking forward to posting some pics pretty soon while i live on this enchanted, but boring.... island.

Anybody use the epson glasses. They announced a new pair yesterday.

TrayBoz, thanks for your follow up... I didn't even consider the eyewear situation.. i wear glasses, can't wear contacts, so I might be one of those guys flipping a set that I barely use! All things considered, they definitely sound like the right headset for the job.

@admin, apologies for posting in the wrong thread... Thanks for the move.

P

Looking forward to posting some pics pretty soon while i live on this enchanted, but boring.... island.

DJI and focus-fixers provide corrective lenses if you need them. They snap right into the DJI goggles and will replace the need for glasses.

Reactions: @PeteVee
for slightly lower latency which you'd never notice unless you're racing. (hence: Racing Edition) I don't know who races a DJI drone anyway.
The "Racing Edition" refers to the compatibility with analog 5.8GHz that racers use and with the standalone Ocusync unit DJI sells for putting on racers. Obviously not about racing a Mavic.

Reactions: @PeteVee

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98