DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which insurance should I get?

I think the big difference between DJI and State Farm is that IIRC with State Farm it is a personal articles policy which means you can file a claim WITHOUT having the drone in your possession--i.e like with a fly-away or a loss into water DJI will not cover it at State Farm will, same thing if it were to get stolen. Not sure about Asurian.
Exactly, DJI fly more sucks!

get the drone insurance through State farm $75 and this is how my agent told me it works. <<Of course, we have your drone insured for $989, if the drone is damaged or stolen, you just call us and file a claim and SF will send you a check for the amount of insurance of $989 >>
also ask her/she about deductable i was told cero-not deductable.

can't see how dji deal is better.

Last edited:
So I think my State Farm agent was trying to screw me over. I had my Autel Evo 1 covered on my plan and called him to add my Mavic Air 2 and Evo 2 Pro. He informed me that I would need to open up another plan for each drone, paying $60 each and every year I wanted it. That didn't sound right as several people on here and other forums have stated they have multiple drones on their plan.

I then reached out to another agent requesting a transfer to their office. The office manager from my current office called me and was wondering why I wanted to transfer and I told him what was going on and that it doesn't match up with what I'm hearing from others. He then told me he's going to speak to the agent I'm dealing with and straighten things out. Left a bad taste in my mount.

Either way, he's adding all my drones to the one plan for me. Not a great experience.
Yeah that is pretty aggravating. Considering they dont even officially offer "drone policies" but rather personal article policies. I was just up for renewal at 60$/yr for my m2p and told my agent I needed to add a smart controller and a mini added to my policy. She just sent it to the underwriter and Bob's your uncle. I am still waiting on the policy paperwork to show the adjustment and the articles covered but I dont anticipate any issues. Some agents are just not as good as others and I firmly believe some are shady.

Seems like the state farm is a no-brainer. I went to insure my Mavic Air 2. He told me that since that would only come out to a 26 dollar a year premium, and their minimum is 60, to go home, find some more stuff I want to insure, list it and take pictures, come back and they will add that stuff to the policy for nothing. So I paid 60 bucks for the whole year, covered against theft loss, accidents, everything...PLUS I got to add my laptop and bluetooth speakers to it!! That's a pretty darn good deal, if you ask me.

5 bucks a month to have no fear of flying over water and/or making a simple mistake that causes a flyaway is just well worth it. Half the price of lunch? Ridiculously cheap for what you get.

I was surprised when I called my State Farm agent on thursday to get a new policy for the MA2(Have one on MA1) and she said just send me the receipt and Serial No. and we'll add it to existing 60 dollar policy with now premium change and both drones covered for 1K. Did the rest over email, simplest thing in the world, original policy took a couple days 2 years ago and get a renewal each year.

I purchased the State Farm $60 Insurance that covers up to $1000 for my MA2. I wonder if that covers complete loss only or also covers repair?

I personally just got DJI Refresh as well as State Farm. That way I only need to file with State Farm if it's unrecoverable.

I mean....moving out of California isn't the worst idea ever....

Don't get me wrong I love this state, but I don't understand how an insurance agency can offer drone protection to one state and not another... What is the air in California more dangerous? hahaha

Don't get me wrong I love this state, but I don't understand how an insurance agency can offer drone protection to one state and not another... What is the air in California more dangerous? hahaha

I suspect it’s a matter of existing risk State Farm already has in the state. There is also some active litigation over the terminology in some of the policies, in regards to what “aviation” & “unmanned aircraft” means.

I have State Farm in NC. Personal Articles policy for $60 yr for up to $3000 in coverage. I have my drone, Nikon DSLR camera gear and a couple of pistols covered. Two years ago I hit a powerline over a lake with my P4, submitted my flight log to my agent & had a check for full purchase price($1300+) in a couple of days. This was after only having the policy for a couple of months. Used that check to buy a P4A and then added it to the policy. Just sold the P4A and added my MA2 fly more combo to the policy.

Hard to beat the the coverage for $60 yr. Oh, and this is the only policy I have with State Farm. Have my home & auto elsewhere.

I have State Farm in NC. Personal Articles policy for $60 yr for up to $3000 in coverage. I have my drone, Nikon DSLR camera gear and a couple of pistols covered. Two years ago I hit a powerline over a lake with my P4, submitted my flight log to my agent & had a check for full purchase price($1300+) in a couple of days. This was after only having the policy for a couple of months. Used that check to buy a P4A and then added it to the policy. Just sold the P4A and added my MA2 fly more combo to the policy.

Hard to beat the the coverage for $60 yr. Oh, and this is the only policy I have with State Farm. Have my home & auto elsewhere.

Please don't brag haha. My business insurance won't even cover my drone. Essentially I have a policy for my drone, it cost $799 for a one-time replacement.

Please don't brag haha. My business insurance won't even cover my drone. Essentially I have a policy for my drone, it cost $799 for a one-time replacement.
I got the $60 State Farm policy for my Mavic R2. A week later I asked if I could include my Mavic Mini onto the policy. They did without a price increase.

I got the $60 State Farm policy for my Mavic R2. A week later I asked if I could include my Mavic Mini onto the policy. They did without a price increase.

yeah they don't cover in California. I fly in fear haha

State Farm here. I’m more concerned about losing it in which case SF will cover me in this case. DJI will NOT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661