DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which insurance should I get?

easyheimer

Reactions
I’m looking into insurance / protection plans for my Mavic Air 2. I’m trying to decide which one(s) I should go with.

DJI Care Refresh ($79.99) - One Year
State Farm ($60) - One Year
Asurion Protection Plan ($57) - Three Years

Actually, just typing that out made me realize the Asurion plan is the best deal.

I’m looking into insurance / protection plans for my Mavic Air 2. I’m trying to decide which one(s) I should go with.

Actually, just typing that out made me realize the Asurion plan is the best deal.
You will only know what was the best deal after you use it. All insurances are like that :)
Cheapest doesn't mean the best if they don't pay out.

I'd second this question. I'm not looking for cheapest coverage, I'm looking for best.

Specifically, as I understand it, DJI care refresh provides replacements for damaged drones – as long as it doesn't get lost in the water?

Does asurion protection plan cover the same thing as StateFarm?

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
this is just my take on the subject,as it is a new model,i would go for the DJI cover at least for the first year,as if there is a claim then they will just ship you a new drone replacement ,if you fulfill the requirements of the cover,after that then you can decide on further cover thats cheaper,or renew refresh for another year if that possible

Self insured here. I just try not to put something in harms way. I did have St.Farm for a one year period a few years back, but determined that with a bit of caution and consideration, it was not money I needed to spend.

Reactions: KevinE
I think the big difference between DJI and State Farm is that IIRC with State Farm it is a personal articles policy which means you can file a claim WITHOUT having the drone in your possession--i.e like with a fly-away or a loss into water DJI will not cover it at State Farm will, same thing if it were to get stolen. Not sure about Asurian.

Isn’t there a deductible with DJI Care Refresh as well? I’ve had it before but thankfully never had to use it.

I had DJI I refresh for two years on my air 1. I won’t be getting it on my air 2. Truth is I’m more likely to loose the thing than break it. Fly with caution, know your environment and you should be fine.

Going with DJI refresh iNS.
Reference MA2 Status . FEDEX informed me
Ship label created when it arrived in Dinuba Ca. on the 8th and continue shipping via Ground Transport to Phoenix, AZ. Expected Delivery..END OF DAY SUNDAY 05/10/2020 Hmmmm..
That is all- Carry on.
SLIIK

Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand it, DJI (don't know about the others) insurance does not cover pilot error or acts of god. DJI only covers against mechanical failure and software failure. So, winds too high, fly up into a power line, get attacked by an eagle, shot out of the air by a bird hunter, squashed like a bug on a windshireld because you crossed a road too low, flew sideways into a guy wire, etc, etc, and it appears to me DJI will inspect the logs, come to the conclusion of the true reason for loss of aircraft, and not cover the loss.

Reactions: hidroela
Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand it, DJI (don't know about the others) insurance does not cover pilot error or acts of god. DJI only covers against mechanical failure and software failure. So, winds too high, fly up into a power line, get attacked by an eagle, shot out of the air by a bird hunter, squashed like a bug on a windshireld because you crossed a road too low, flew sideways into a guy wire, etc, etc, and it appears to me DJI will inspect the logs, come to the conclusion of the true reason for loss of aircraft, and not cover the loss.
Nope, the standard warranty doesn't cover if it's your fault aka pilot error; the Refresh Warranty does cover 2 replacements as long as can send the broken one back.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat