DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which is a better VND, Freewell or PGYTECH?

frcaloy

Reactions
Hello. Just want to ask if anybody has any input on which is the better VND, a) Freewell or b) PGYTECH. Thanks in advance.

I just received a PGYTECH and am really impressed by build quality and design. It is state of the art as re:how many zippers, pockets, and options can you put in one piece.

As I was going through it at unboxing, I recall thinking this was the first sewn anything I’ve purchased in years that did not need stray threads cut.

I haven’t packed out the big bag, but I have used the little one a number of times. It is set up to fly, go someplace other than home and recharge while working there, fly, repeat…

In the One Mo bag alone I had M3P, humble cover, RC, 3 batteries, charger, one long heavy and several shorter charging cables, a 65 and a 100 w charger, landing gear, large ND filter set in case, multiple SD cards and a reader, screw drivers, full prop set, strobes, FAA related Certs and other documents—and on the outside lashing point I tucked a landing pad and clipped on a scanner. There was probably more…I did not have the expanding top opened up, and the OM’ fit back into the main bag easily.

It was convenient to say the least.

Mike107

Are we talking about a Variable Neutral Density filter (VND) or a field carry case? I will check out this bag though.

I’ll be darned. VND—:eek:

Sorry if I confused anyone. I was just to excited about a great product.

Reactions: DougMcC
I’ll be darned. VND—:eek:

Sorry if I confused anyone. I was just to excited about a great product.
Enthusiasm is contagious. Is that bag made by PGYTECH or another company? After reading your post I would like to check it out. Stay enthused - it’s healthy and it is part of why we have this forum. No apology needed.

PGYTECH 25L OneMo.
It is also likely to be my overnight/overhead bag even when traveling without a drone.

Thank you for the kind words!

Ha! Ha!
And Oops. As I said, was an honest mistake.
Have a great day, ol’Moldy!:cool:
Mike

I have never used PGYTech filters but I have been using Freewell filters and I have had had zero issues with their glass.

Hello. Just to say I got my PGYTech 2-5 stop VND for my Air 2S today as they were suddenly discounted on Amazon. IMHO they’re not great. Firstly I think the way they’re designed to be so thin snapping and locking them into the lens is very tricky and I nearly thought I was going to break the gimbal.

Second, there’s severe vignetting on the top right and bottom left corners. I’ll test it further tomorrow but my first impressions of this VND lens aren’t particularly positive.

Hello. Just to say I got my PGYTech 2-5 stop VND for my Air 2S today as they were suddenly discounted on Amazon. IMHO they’re not great. Firstly I think the way they’re designed to be so thin snapping and locking them into the lens is very tricky and I nearly thought I was going to break the gimbal.

Second, there’s severe vignetting on the top right and bottom left corners. I’ll test it further tomorrow but my first impressions of this VND lens aren’t particularly positive.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have the VND (Mist Edition) filters from Freewell - These are absolutely my favourite filters I´ve ever used on drones so far!

VND:
+very good quality glass, low color tint
- with VND 2-5 there is a slight vignetting at 5 -> better use the 6-9 at 6 in this case

Mist:
+ the slight mist effect makes the picture so much more organic
+ awesome highlight roll-off -> makes the golden-hour even more impressive

All in all, I can highly recommend the Freewell VND Mist Edition Filters for the Air 2s!

Reactions: chopperguy
Got the VND filters from PGYTECH for the Air 2S. Noticed that there is shaking in the camera everytime I begin to hover from full forward speed whenever the camera is pointed vertically downwards.

I measured the mass in grams and the VND filters are 2.58 grams compared to the generic filters from RCSTO at 1.95 grams. The original frame is at 1.13 grams.

The added weight is probably ok for forward views and angles less than 90 degrees but not for 90 degrees pointing downwards.

After a week of incessant rains, I was able to fly today using the Air 2S. I installed the original frame and there was no camera shaking compared to when the PGYTECH VND filters were installed. I guess it's the added weight that caused the camera to shake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica