DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Micro SD card & how many

The transfer speed gets much faster when you buy the ultra extreme version of the same class 10 card...

I learned its more about picture image quality as i suspected. The cards used for 4k, 5k etc are not the same as the cheapo cards made to see a max of 720/1080 on a lower tech device. I got the latest versions of each san disk ultra extreme with advertised 4k or better rating just to be safe. I could use the included card as a base line for minimum quality thats safe to use when i go to figure my bulk buy on smaller cards (waiting on mavic still)

Right on Alex. I have 3 batteries and 3 cards. I mark each battery with the same code as card. Only takes a second to change out the cards and then Bob's your uncle. As a photographer, I use a similar system of not using over 64 gig cards as once a card goes, so does the photos. They cards are guaranteed but the images not.

Reactions: dcb942
Another benefit to using 1 card per battery is that you can remember which battery/card it was that you recorded that poiniant moment with for easier locating of that clip later on when editing.
I'll label the cards 1-5 along with their corresponding battery by number.

I wish someone could answer the part of my question about which specific class 10 san disk card to buy because I know that some are made to be used with cell phone cams while others are made for high end cameras and im sure they look exactly the same to most people
SanDisk Extreme Pro 90 mb write speed. That's the one you want!

San Disk's take on it, it contradicts what I have been saying, oops..:confused: . Strangely it does not mention FPS, to my limited knowledge, 60 FPS would take a card with twice as fast access as 30FPS, maybe some P4P owners would be able to check their cards to see if they are C10 UHS3..
SanDisk Video Knowledge Base

I've browsed around, this is a post from Msinger (the fount of all DJI knowledge) It does refer to the Phantom, but 4K filming.
Most class 10 memory cards should work since the Phantom can only write at a max of 7.5MB/s. You can find a list of commonly used memory cards here. My suggestion would be to purchase a memory card that has a fast read and write speed to cut down on the time it takes when manually transferring files to/from your memory card.

Most class 10 memory cards should work since the Phantom can only write at a max of 7.5MB/s. You can find a list of commonly used memory cards here. My suggestion would be to purchase a memory card that has a fast read and write speed to cut down on the time it takes when manually transferring files to/from your memory card.
This also applies to the Mavic since it also only writes at a max of 7.5MB/s.

This also applies to the Mavic since it also only writes at a max of 7.5MB/s.

Mavic encodes at 60mbit (7.5MB/s) max. for video. This does not mean it's mavic's max write is at that speed. Do not confuse the two since there is more than just the encoded video data on your sd card. There are logs, pictures, etc. The spec shows it can do 7 frames per second (yes, spec only note as 3/5/7, I'm assuming its per second, have not used this mode) burst shots which most likely requires a card that can handle much more that 6.5MB/s write speed if you want continuous photo shooting. So if the membuffer gets full real fast holding photos while it writes to your sd card, you are then limited by your sd card write speed. I recommend using UHS1 card if you want to use all features of the mavic to it's fullest. It's fairly dirt cheap nowadays.

Reactions: Anthony Murphy
Mavic encodes at 60mbit (7.5MB/s) max. for video. This does not mean it's mavic's max write is at that speed.
You got it. It's the max write speed for shooting 4K video.

What do you think of this one :
2857003f23e06eb49ad342b1f1a68e1a.jpg

Sorry, I am confused (not that unusual). Make it easy for me, 60 or 90 write speed?
Get a memory card that writes at least at 40MB/s. Check out my list of recommended memory cards here.

Saw that but can I get the 1000x card that I posted from Amazon? I really want the card reader too : )

Came across this the other day which might help:
I am still waiting from my Mavic to arrive but interestingly enough a 32Gb card I ordered elsewhere has it says SanDisk Extreme PRO - delivers 4K yada yada, butthe card has a "U3" logo - I guess I will have to wait and see, that said I don't expect to use 4k that much.....

Attachments

• IMG_4342.JPG
    IMG_4342.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 49
Anton, what about my P4P? Does it have that extra row? 100Mbs transfer rate might warrant it?

Anton, what about my P4P? Does it have that extra row? 100Mbs transfer rate might warrant it?

Still not warranted as even the lexar you posted does not write beyond UHS-1 speed. And P4P does not require anything beyond UHS-1. Only time you will see 150MB or close to it is if you are transferring data from the card using the adapter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61