DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Micro SD Card?

abridge

Reactions
I have owned a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Air and have recently moved to the Pro 2. I have used the same SD card throughought (Lexar 16gb). After setting up my pro 2 up with the memory card, picking H265, it told me that the card is too slow for that. I guess it is time to upgrade. What are some high speed cards currently that can handle the bitrate of H265 10 bit?

I have owned a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Air and have recently moved to the Pro 2. I have used the same SD card throughought (Lexar 16gb). After setting up my pro 2 up with the memory card, picking H265, it told me that the card is too slow for that. I guess it is time to upgrade. What are some high speed cards currently that can handle the bitrate of H265 10 bit?

The safest choice is the card recommended or sold by the manufacturer. The safe choice for DJI is the Sandisk Extreme V30 variants. Don't need the Pro version of the card if its just for the drone. You may want the pro version if you will also use it in other cameras.

Other cards undoubtedly work fine. But if you have any data problems you end up in a position where you can't be confident in card compatibility. Since we are only talking about ~$35 for 64gb it makes sense to use the card that DJI has tested.

In the olden days when cards were hundreds of dollars untested cheaper brands were tempting. But now it's not worth the bother IMO.

Reactions: Mavic 57

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580