DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which One?

JMar1017

Reactions
Hello All -

Hopefully everyone is safe, healthy and enjoying the sky as much as possible these days.

So I'm looking to buy my future father-in-law a drone for Father's day. He has used a phantom for work - but we are talking the second phantom ever released so it's very outdated and it's only for work use for their safety/promo/training video department.

He really likes the the Mavic 2 pro as he has seen mine and loves the size, stability and overall quality of footage whether it's photographs or video.

Sadly my budget doesn't allow me to get him a Mavic 2 Pro - so here is the question -

Mavic Mini OR Mavic Air 2 ?

I am leaning in one direction already but I wanted to get some outside perspective on this one from people who have actually used the equipment rather than sales people just trying to make a sale.

Thanks in advance for the advice, view points and time given to respond.

Joe

Reactions: old man mavic
@JMar1017 ,both drones are good for different reasons the MM because its a reasonable price flys well is easy to transport and great for flying in confined spaces
down sides is only WIFI no anti collision sensors should not be flown in very windy conditions
then along comes the MA2,lots of features good flight time can handle wind and the flymore combo is a great price for what you get and it has occusync
down sides new product so some teething troubles will need to be having firmware updates until all the bugs are ironed out

MM is able to fly anywhere, and its great fun. I personally prefer the MM but the MA2 has more features, if its in your budget, go for the AIR2.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair