DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which props lift more? Pro vs Platinum

Neither. The props are designed to be more quite. The extra flight time comes from the improved ESCs.

I expect the more flexible platinum props to have a slightly lower efficiency.
They are purely meant to lower the noise, not to increase lift perse.
I might be wrong of course, I don't use platinum props because I see no benefit. The Pro is already the quietest drone on the market after the Platinum.

Reactions: Former Member
I am Certainly going to do an experiment. I do not have access to a mpp, but will test a mp with both sets of props.

Quiet props definately require fewer rpms at hover than standard. This likely means that they are pitched to create more lift.

*edit to add* just because each prop produces more lift per rpm does not necessarily mean the aircraft equipped with these props can actually lift more weight.

Perhaps I’ll see if I can get together with a Michigan mpp owner and we can do the extended version of this expirement.

Last edited:
I expect the more flexible platinum props to have a slightly lower efficiency.
They are purely meant to lower the noise, not to increase lift perse.
I might be wrong of course, I don't use platinum props because I see no benefit. The Pro is already the quietest drone on the market after the Platinum.
But there is a difference in pitch between the two props so the platinum props may produce more lift having slightly more pitch. The increased pitch plus improved tips is what helps reduce the decibels.

I thought the mpp props have less pitch and spin faster. Bite less air so they make less noise .
Hope someone comes up with a solid test

AFAIK the newer prop tips are a better design, they don't have the messy vortices off the tips like the old ones do - compare the "bullnose" props that were popular amongst FPV racers - more thrust at the expense of noise and power usage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98