DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which strobes would you recommend for Mavic 2?

bzmot

Reactions
I am talking maximum visibility, the high-powered stuff, but such as would preferably not eat into my flying minutes by being too heavy. Any recommendations warmly welcome.

There are two I'd recommend. I have flytron cree standalone's - one on each arm. The other brand is firehouse technology.

The mounts I personally use are DJI Mavic 2 STROBON Cree Strobe Light Mounts | Phantom Help Mike from Phantom Help posts here. The mounts are great, and he's very adept at dealing with silly old people (me) who order wrong stuff.

Very hastily cobbled together video on mine. Everytime the things flashed the auto exposure got confused, but they are bright!

Awesome. Did you find out how to place them without affecting the camera?

The props are master airscrew ones. I like orange:)

Regarding the strobes, if you are flying in normal daylight there is no effect on the camera at all. If it's low light and you are close to an object, then you would see some strobing reflected. You can get them in other colours too, as some countries have a requirement to identify the direction of the drone, and that's usually done by having green and red strobes mounted appropriately. Check the regulations wherever you are.

Reactions: bzmot
There are two I'd recommend. I have flytron cree standalone's - one on each arm. The other brand is firehouse technology.

The mounts I personally use are DJI Mavic 2 STROBON Cree Strobe Light Mounts | Phantom Help Mike from Phantom Help posts here. The mounts are great, and he's very adept at dealing with silly old people (me) who order wrong stuff.

Very hastily cobbled together video on mine. Everytime the things flashed the auto exposure got confused, but they are bright!
The props are master airscrew ones. I like orange:)

Regarding the strobes, if you are flying in normal daylight there is no effect on the camera at all. If it's low light and you are close to an object, then you would see some strobing reflected. You can get them in other colours too, as some countries have a requirement to identify the direction of the drone, and that's usually done by having green and red strobes mounted appropriately. Check the regulations wherever you are.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter