DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whitch drone for video and photography

While this is a "Mavic" site - DJI does make "larger" drones that are far more adept at photography / video than the Mavic & Phantom series. Many you can change out the cameras with some YOU already own and fly. Yet, these same drones are very, very pricey - typically above $5k and beyond. Yet, that is what they were designed for.

Truly depends on what YOU plan / expect to do with the drone and how much $$$$$$ you have to spend.

Reactions: Glenn71
Good Witch or Bad Witch? Just kidding. For still shots, you want a drone with at least a one-inch sensor. Even video will look better with the larger sensor although many will shoot 4k. There is a HUGE difference.

I'd go for a Phantom 4 Pro. We use a P4P+ for professional work. You're likely to be able to get a good used one as many people are switching to the Mavic range. One advantage is that you can fly in strong wind.

That said, we've also now got the Mini 2 - which has RAW, as well as other significant improvements on the Mini 1. And it can produce very good results. We only fly for work.

Check your new drone regulations. Here in the UK, there are many advantages for using the Mini 2 because it's under 250g.

As you're Norwegian, I hope you've watched the excellent film The 12th Man - a true story - currently on Netflix. ??
Thanks for the reply.
There are also new regulations her in Norway and there is some more to come. What I have been told is that they will only register CE marked drones in the future. (I think it was from 2023) And non of the DJI is CE marked I was told.

Jeg I have watched both the old version of The 12th Man who was played by the same guy the movie is about, and I have watched the new one. :)

Good Witch or Bad Witch? Just kidding. For still shots, you want a drone with at least a one-inch sensor. Even video will look better with the larger sensor although many will shoot 4k. There is a HUGE difference.
hahaha sorry, it's not my native language. My spellchecker did not help me. :)

Reactions: GFields
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask a question about witch drone people in this forum who are interested in photography and video making recommend.
I got a DJI Mavic Mini fly more from my son this Christmas, and that was the best gift I ever had.
But as I have expensive photo equipment I would like to take photos in raw, and that is not supported in the Mini.
I know that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is great but I also see that some say DJI Mavic Air 2 also is great.

Is there anybody that have any recommendation?

Regards from a beginner from Norway! :)
I fly the M2P for 3 years now. I have the M2Zoom and only use that where I need to get into tighter obstacle areas. If I want the best photos/video for my clients, I'm taking the M2P every single time.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask a question about witch drone people in this forum who are interested in photography and video making recommend.
I got a DJI Mavic Mini fly more from my son this Christmas, and that was the best gift I ever had.
But as I have expensive photo equipment I would like to take photos in raw, and that is not supported in the Mini.
I know that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is great but I also see that some say DJI Mavic Air 2 also is great.

I use the M2P for commercial and personal photography and videography. It takes superb images and videos and I highly recommend it. The Autel EVO II Pro is another excellent non-DJI choice and does not use geofencing (if that’s an issue for you).

Hi,

NO Question that the M2Pro with Hasselblad 1" sensor is the best onboard type camera that creates the best video and stills by any pro-summer drone. 60 fps at 4K with 1" sensor gives you incredible video. That along with crash sensors all around to protect that camera and drone, quiet, small foldable size, decent battery life, reasonable payload capacity, etc makes it easily the best choice

What is a "witch" drone? did you mean to write "which" drone?
I am disappointed that no-one has mentioned the Mavic Air 2. It takes great photos and videos...with Many Options...at half the price of the M2P or the P4P. Then add extra batteries and you are still saving money. MA2 is a great "option."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929