DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini White Cockatoo with a Mavic Mini 2

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I stopped it three times so you can see the detail of these birds. Feel free to stop it at any time, usually the spacebar, to see what incredible detail the Mavic Mini 2 can produce video, even at 1080p 60fps. This is the second time I have been lucky enough to fly with these beautiful birds.
See here
The Mavic Mini 2 is the best drone in the world for filming wildlife, it's so quiet and has a great camera for its size.

I stopped it three times so you can see the detail of these birds. Feel free to stop it at any time, usually the spacebar, to see what incredible detail the Mavic Mini 2 can produce video, even at 1080p 60fps. This is the second time I have been lucky enough to fly with these beautiful birds.
Hi John, they don't seem to be afraid because of the mini! the images remind me of hitchcocks film the birds, the difference, his birds were black ?
cheers Paul

Yeah that was outstanding , a medal of honor for the Min2 and your Creative Flow to the process. just fantastic footage.
Between my Close up of the 100 Sea Gulls on the lake and your Swarm flight in the sky Together were ready for the National Geographic and Disney Channel. Outstanding.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.

Reactions: technut
Hi John, they don't seem to be afraid because of the mini! the images remind me of hitchcocks film the birds, the difference, his birds were black ?
cheers Paul
Hi Jack, if I had included the sound they make it would frighten almost as much as Hitchcock's movie did. They make the most horide shrieking sounds.
Thanks.

Yeah that was outstanding , a medal of honor for the Min2 and your Creative Flow to the process. just fantastic footage.
Between my Close up of the 100 Sea Gulls on the lake and your Swarm flight in the sky Together were ready for the National Geographic and Disney Channel. Outstanding.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.
Do you think they would pay us? Or will we stay on the breadline? Thanks very much.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Great videos, amazing they never hit the mini, they were so close.

Hi John, I think you will discover they are Corellas not cockatoos. Don't let them land on your lawn they are rather good at earthworks.
I thought Corellas and White Cockatoos were the same bird.
Corellas have more red under the beak and neck

See here
The Mavic Mini 2 is the best drone in the world for filming wildlife, it's so quiet and has a great camera for its
I thought Corellas and White Cockatoos were the same bird.
Corellas have more red under the beak and neck
Cockatoos are quite a bit larger and the white one have yellow feather spur on top of head.

I am no ornithologist and I have looked at a number of sites. And I am still none the wiser.
At this position they appear to be pure white with no markings.
Looking at this site I am still at a loss.

It is important to identify correctly, so if someone can direct us to a definitive place it would appreciated.
It's also important to know which are the most popular where I live, in Perth.
Your average Perth resident would just call them white cockatoos, I think.
But they are beautiful, as are the Pink Galahs, the variety of parrots and black cockatoos.
So fortunate to have so many striking birds here.

I need to get myself some education. :)

Reactions: Montana_Flyer
I am no ornithologist and I have looked at a number of sites. And I am still none the wiser.

It is important to identify correctly, so if someone can direct us to a definitive place it would appreciated.
But they are beautiful, as are the Pink Galahs, the variety of parrots and black cockatoos.

Sulphur-crested cockatoo is normally called a white cockatoo,not found in your state thou,was surprized to find that site listed corinellas as cockatoos but i suppose they are all parrots.

Reactions: John Gowland

After a bit of research it looks like a small or lesser corinella.

Great videos, amazing they never hit the mini, they were so close.
Bird's cpu are incredibly fast, milliseconds. They have been avoiding other things in the air for a few million years.
Hey, there is a study, if you are a student looking for a Phd subject, you could compare a birds response time to present super fast cpu like the M1 chip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69