DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who’s on Origional 0400 FW?

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
As with many respects to DJI and for all the pilots out there that have owned the Mavic Pro since it was released. My first Mavic was delivered to me on October 23, 2016.
Personally, after over 200 flights with my first and the second Mav as a back up, I have relied on this FW simply because it was simple code for the Mavic to fly and be stable and solid as a rock. And you know what? I was right! Your aircraft only has so much storage, the more DJI crams new FW into your bird, the more problems.
I currently use both my Mavs with 0400 with 0700 FW on the Goggles.
My Mavs are somewhat modded and I’m totally hooked on 0400.
I’m ok with not having pano and fixed wing modes.
Basically, how many of you are still on FW 0400 and are happy with it? Or Not?
You know who you are! :rolleyes:

You are compelling me to search for rollback topics and tutorials so that I can join you with the original firmware. :)

You are compelling me to search for rollback topics and tutorials so that I can join you with the original firmware. :)
Yeop, hehe, :p

I stayed on .0400 for a long time.

After months of holding on, I finally upgraded to 03.1000. and then 04.0000 a couple of months ago and lo and behold... solid as a rock.

No glitches, no disconnects, no restrictions. Nothing but flawless performance.

After all I'd heard, I didn't expect that.

`

Yep still on 0400 here, had no reason to upgrade, its been totally solid. One of the key factors in deciding to stay where I am, I went through DJI Safeskies as I work on an airport and needed unlock.

One of the DJI guys sent me a PM and simply said "do not upgrade beyond 0400".

Transpires this version didn't have the 905 NFZ Module in it :)

Reactions: Drone Master
Never changed a thing since I got mine; would not think of changing anything anytime soon.
SOLID AS A ROCK!!!

Reactions: Drone Master
I have all the latest firmware. Never had an issue with any version so far. BUT, I dont fly 6 hours a day, or at NFZ's like a few here seem to. But I still can if i need to around here. I get an on screen warning for the airport 5 miles from me (the local airport is not too big). I might get grounded near a large airport, but I think I can still just ignore the warning and fly anyway. But, I am not sure. Not a big deal for me as a hobby pilot anyway.
So whatever floats the individual boat I guess. I know people that wont upgrade from windows 95 and ***** all the time how they cant do certain things. But at least the are convinced that Microsoft doesnt have control of their computer.

Reactions: six4bravo
If you guys are satisfied with 0400 as I am, what current apps do you feel works best and what versions are you using and why?
Just trying to narrow down the best and most reliable.
For you guys with mixed FW, are you having any issues with 3rd party apps?

I run my Mavic and use the BT300 as my main screen - with an Ipad mini as a back up device. Both the BT300 and Ipad are on version 4.07 and 4.05 respectively. To be honest the Mavic kit does what I want it to do, so I have resisted the urge to upgrade for features/bugs which I simply don't need.....

I also use an Axxera XGPS150 receiver (as a back up) which is attached to my backpack it tethers via bluetooth to both the BT300 and the Ipad. I don't connect to internet when flying, but keep my iPhone with me at all times to act as a Wifi hotspot if I ever need to download offline maps.

Apps I use are NATS Drone Assist for checking airspace. Wind & Weather app for checking windspeed. I use NoRoot Firewall - to stop internet traffic from the BT300 I also use Splashtop for mirroring from the BT300 to the Ipad on occasion. The only other app I regularly use is Hangar 360, which is only used on the Ipad mini for Panoramic shots

My apologies for asking. What is the exact written firmware and what date is it listed. I may have it as downgrade option on my Dji assitant. Thanks in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54