DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Got An Osmo Pocket To Go With Their Drone?

I just picked up mine.... wondering if I should keep it... tell me y I should and shouldnr

I got mine for fill-in shots to splice into my drone footage to break things up a bit - but still nice and smooth.

It's narrow field of view makes it good as it's in contrast to the wideangle drone and subjects can be close too. It's so small that I will always shove it in my pocket and not feel too uncomfortable using it.

But.....

FOV is often just too tight - especially indoors.

Not having 24fps available without a phone connection is a real pain! (The work around is not practical) - it needs to match with the drone so either 25 or 50.

Controlling the vertical position of the gumball with the screen is next to impossible! If you add the wheel then it doesn't fit in the case or attach to phone!

Lack of tripod socket for b-roll stuff is a pain - again you need extra holders so then it doesn't fit!

I'm thinking that the GoPro might be a better option. It has different cropping options (wide/narrow Fov), better sound and mounting options *plus* all features are available without a phone. It also has built in WiFi, voice control and digital stabilisation.

Hmmmm...

It has different cropping options (wide/narrow Fov)
Nope... that's something that gets many people, yes you can change FOV but only in some modes. Most of the "interesting" modes are restricted to just one. In 4K it's wide only, which is too wide for most stuff.

Controlling the vertical position of the gumball with the screen is next to impossible!
I find it pretty ok, but anyway usually you're better off just using follow mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom