DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has flown their maiden flight

Here's an unedited golf course flyover in 4K, just testing it out. Maiden flight.

This was straight from the SD or the mobile device?
Update: For some reason I couldn't see 4K as an option. No need to respond. Truly, quality is amazing

Reactions: Gray52
Yes it is but today is a new day lol
Is this your first drone? I remember the first drone I bought I was soooo scared of wrecking. I have owned the Phantom 3 Advanced / Inspire 1 Raw, so at this point I am just happy to have a drone again!

Reactions: Bmroche
maiden flight in the UK - very impressed, I've worked my way from an MP1 to an Air and now the MP2.

it feels like a tank and really solid and rapid, somehow it feels bigger and more stable in the air and seems to cover distance in a way the older models didn't

not really fiddled with settings yet for the camera or gimbal, be interested to see the smooth gimbal settings people using.

did notice on straight up/down moves with no other direction the drone was wobbling a little on its first couple of flights but then got out of the habit, not sure what was going on there and will keep an eye on that.

very impressed though so far.

maiden flight in the UK - very impressed, I've worked my way from an MP1 to an Air and now the MP2.

it feels like a tank and really solid and rapid, somehow it feels bigger and more stable in the air and seems to cover distance in a way the older models didn't

not really fiddled with settings yet for the camera or gimbal, be interested to see the smooth gimbal settings people using.

did notice on straight up/down moves with no other direction the drone was wobbling a little on its first couple of flights but then got out of the habit, not sure what was going on there and will keep an eye on that.

very impressed though so far.

so how it is in IQ for picture especially panorama vs Air - I sold my Air and now will 90% buy M2P ??

Reactions: ziggys
actually no... I did an active track on my kid and my kids friend riding bike... holy crap it's quick. My son freaked when he put his hand up and the mavic darted closer lol. This sucker is awesome

actually no... I did an active track on my kid and my kids friend riding bike... holy crap it's quick. My son freaked when he put his hand up and the mavic darted closer lol. This sucker is awesome
think active track would be good for car scenes in mountains? I got the pro, wish i got the zoom for the zoom.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
think active track would be good for car scenes in mountains? I got the pro, wish i got the zoom for the zoom.

I really think the better camera on the Pro is more of an advantage that outweighs the zoom feature. I doubt I would use the zoom enough to justify not having the better camera.

Updated all firmware (drone and remote, don't think there is battery firmware) and sent it straight up. Flew perfectly!!! The new camera is truly amazing. I'm also amazed at how rock solid it hovers, more so than the MP1. It literally does not move. It's getting dark here and the landing light is SO cool!! I kept going up and down to watch it turn on lol

I'm thinking I will still keep the air though. The air is just like 1/3 the size and weight. The MP2 is actually quiet hefty. The noise is comparable just the air is higher pitched.

ok... i just came inside and seen these lights light up automatically... this is so bad ***

Post the pics please. were you impressed?

blown away really. I mean I shoot 5D4/A7rIII but for this thing to give me what I'm seeing it's 5x better than the other cameras.

I think I got an epic panorama too... let me work on getting it posted.

A quick, unedited clip from a test flight tonight. FWIW
BTW, REALLY hazy night, shooting into the sunset, so for what it had to work with it did well.

Reactions: Gaz Mc
Updated all firmware (drone and remote, don't think there is battery firmware) and sent it straight up. Flew perfectly!!! The new camera is truly amazing. I'm also amazed at how rock solid it hovers, more so than the MP1. It literally does not move. It's getting dark here and the landing light is SO cool!! I kept going up and down to watch it turn on lol
There is a battery firmware update. When I used Assistant to update all went well. After my first battery, when booted with the next battery, it came up Firmware Inconsistent, agreed update as I was connected to wifi at home, battery updated. Same with the third battery.

The battery update only took a few minutes. Firmware check now comes up with no problem.

M2P.

Reactions: SprayingMango
I have about 20 minutes in so far. Its been rainy & windy here unfortunately :(

I took it up initially out of the box, and then did the firmware upgrades after I came down. Haven't been back up since the firmware.

But man, this thing flys amazing! Incredibly stable. This is my first factory DJI drone after flying home build Arducopter & Naza based rigs for a few years. I'm not sure I'll ever go back .. I'm impressed with how small and portable it is, yet so incredibly stable. I played with the active track feature a bit with my kids in the back yard in between raindrops & they were unable to get it to crash into a tree or fence, so that's a good start :)

I have a big cruiser boat on Lake Michigan that I want to launch it from this weekend... Does anyone know if it'll float worst case? (I have a refresh agreement hehe)

Reactions: SprayingMango
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial