DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has flown their maiden flight

I had my 1st flight after updating & registering it.Flies like a dream & the camera is amazing.My only glitch is I can’t get colour profile for stills,only video will let me choose .Pics just give me the choice of “normal”. Any hints what I’m doing wrong ?

I flew yesterday but the wind was a little strong so I had to cut it short. Really impressed with the transmission so far, but I didn't try to push it too much

I'm thinking I will still keep the air though. The air is just like 1/3 the size and weight. The MP2 is actually quiet hefty. The noise is comparable just the air is higher pitched.

ok... i just came inside and seen these lights light up automatically... this is so bad ***
You can switch them in the app, off-auto-on.

Who has their shiny new bird and flown it.
I received mine the Monday after the launch event. I did an unboxing that same day, and then I flew it yesterday (Tues.). What a joy! My brother-in-law let me go to his farmland and zip around. Loving it!

I have about 20 minutes in so far. Its been rainy & windy here unfortunately :(

I took it up initially out of the box, and then did the firmware upgrades after I came down. Haven't been back up since the firmware.

But man, this thing flys amazing! Incredibly stable. This is my first factory DJI drone after flying home build Arducopter & Naza based rigs for a few years. I'm not sure I'll ever go back .. I'm impressed with how small and portable it is, yet so incredibly stable. I played with the active track feature a bit with my kids in the back yard in between raindrops & they were unable to get it to crash into a tree or fence, so that's a good start :)

I have a big cruiser boat on Lake Michigan that I want to launch it from this weekend... Does anyone know if it'll float worst case? (I have a refresh agreement hehe)
get some getter backs for recovering fishing rods.... ive retrieved a few drones this way lol

Reactions: Porkroast
First Drone, First flight 08-28-18. I unpacked it charged it and got it in the air with just enough time to catch the sunset. Mavic 2 Pro is hands down my new favorite toy!

Attachments

• org_294f4cc329354944_1535497550000.jpg
    org_294f4cc329354944_1535497550000.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: Porkroast
I agree, well done!

I hope to have the opportunity to do something similar this weekend. I'm a relatively new drone owner, I had a P4Pv2 for less than a week. My Mavic 2 Pro is due tomorrow (Thursday).

I have never used Activetrack, I watched the DJI tutorial and read the section in the manual, but those leave a lot to be desired, plus the manual warns you not to use Activetrack over the water?

Can you please tell me what Activetrack mode you used? Does Activetrack take over flying the aircraft? Or is someone flying and Activetrack just controls the camera?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Dennis

Did 2 flights today after all the charging and upgrading. All I can say is WOW! Stills and video both are awesome. I only put one result online, a Panorama I shot using Panorama mode and then stitched manually using Panorama Studio Pro. http://www.flynathan.com/pano/lg_pano1.html

It's cool that that one pano is built from half a gigapixel (26x20mp). Look how much you can zoom in! This is the camera I've been wishing for all this time. I skipped the 1" sensor on the Phantom 4 since I had just got the Mavic then and LOVED the portability so much. Now I finally have a portable drone with a great camera!

I love the video quality too. In the scenic test I did I didn't see a difference between the H.264 and H.265 but I am hoping that areas of quick movement (bike wheels for example) no longer have the so ugly compression artifacts with the new higher bitrate and codec.

wait what type of pano is that ?? absolutely freaking great !!!

and why you cannot achieve it with the drone directly and need Panorama studio to do that ?

wait what type of pano is taht ?? absolutely freaking great !!!

and why you cannot achieve it with teh droen directly and need Panorama studio to do that ?

Thanks. The drone takes the 26 shots by itself, then I chose to stitch them myself. That way I can render them into the interactive pages like you saw, or make different projection like this http://www.flynathan.com/pano/lg_pano1_lp.jpg

I like to take control of my images/video and I don't usually rely on automatic software made for everyday use. I'm sure DJI's software can do something with the pano images but I doubt it's as nice as what I can do myself. If it's worth doing it's worth doing well I guess. It took me about 10 minutes to make that and another 5 to upload to my website. That's probably 14.9 minutes more than many people are willing to spend.

I usually use Litchi for Panorama shooting since it gives you MUCH more control than DJI Go. As soon as it supports the M2P I'll switch.

that is mindblwoing because it puts in our hands some tools and quality of panos which were only accessible by professionals before

i will have a look of that panorama studio software, hope it's not too expensive

thanx

hey Nathan, wanted to ask : do you use the free or the PRO version of PANORAMA studio ??

also do you have a dedicated smartphone (google play) app which you like to view those panos on your smartphone (especially the ones which are 360) ?

Bimostitch on the google play store seems to have nice reviews

Last edited:
There are a ton of panorama software packages. I've been using the paid version of Panorama Studio for quite a few years now. But ptGUI is also good. I tried the Microsoft one and didn't like it as much but it has a lot of different projections.

I haven't looked for an android app specifically to view those Panos since I can just upload the generated files to my website and view on pretty much any device just in the browser.

Did 2 flights today after all the charging and upgrading. All I can say is WOW! Stills and video both are awesome. I only put one result online, a Panorama I shot using Panorama mode and then stitched manually using Panorama Studio Pro. http://www.flynathan.com/pano/lg_pano1.html

It's cool that that one pano is built from half a gigapixel (26x20mp). Look how much you can zoom in! This is the camera I've been wishing for all this time. I skipped the 1" sensor on the Phantom 4 since I had just got the Mavic then and LOVED the portability so much. Now I finally have a portable drone with a great camera!

I love the video quality too. In the scenic test I did I didn't see a difference between the H.264 and H.265 but I am hoping that areas of quick movement (bike wheels for example) no longer have the so ugly compression artifacts with the new higher bitrate and codec.

So plz tell me does Mavic 2 PRO make single DNG ( 16 or so ) in panorama which than later you can stitch in LR/PS or whatever ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d