DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has flown their maiden flight

I was shooting in JPG mode so the M2P shot 26 JPGs in Panorama mode. I assume that if I were shooting in raw I would get 26 DNG files but haven't tested that. It was interesting that Hyperlapse mode shot raw files even though my still setting was JPG only. In Hyperlapse you have the option to retain or discard the raw images. My one test resulted in 250 DNG files (40MB each so 9.6GB total).

I got my first flight in yesterday. Loving the Mavic zoom. Flight feels different than the MP but it was easy to adapt. Loving the new features and the new speed.

I've flown my new Pro twice now, and both times have been a lot of fun. Frankly, I wish I'd gone with the Zoom rather than the Pro, but it's too late now. Having a zoom feature would be extremely useful to me, and I can't tell a huge difference so far with the Hasselblad camera. I bought into all the hype of the 1" sensor and how great that supposedly is.

My plan was to take the bird up to the mountains this weekend, but with all the chatter about detaching cameras from the gimbal, I'm a bit nervous now.

Who has their shiny new bird and flown it.
Just done with first two batteries. Rock solid performance (Zoom). Have a few things to figure out like slowing movements - very snappy - and will have to look at photos and video on the computer. Here’s an early shot. Flew it out over the Leon River. No issues at all.

Attachments

• 3FBA4F41-C653-49F3-81C0-8E3514D68F73.jpeg
    3FBA4F41-C653-49F3-81C0-8E3514D68F73.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 40
Just done with first two batteries. Rock solid performance (Zoom). Have a few things to figure out like slowing movements - very snappy - and will have to look at photos and video on the computer. Here’s an early shot. Flew it out over the Leon River. No issues at all.

Oh, and need to look closer but my RAW files seem to be coming in around 20mb, not 12.

Took it out and for it around the park, what a blast, so much different than my other quads or Tricopter...Loved it!
Although it's hard to watch the monitor when I have been so used to having to watch every move make in the air with non fpv types!
M2z.

Who has their shiny new bird and flown it.

I have test flown my Pro and Zoom. I love them both. A magnitude of quality and features above my Pro 1s. even if some of the features are not activated yet. The zoom is amazing. I think it is my favourite.

Well headed out gor my first flight ever! Will report back when i get home. So pumped

My first Hyperlapse. What I realized was that the effect would have been more dramatic if I was flying in the opposite direction that the clouds were moving. I used the New Mavic Zoom. The second version was some random LUT I added to make the clouds pop.

Just finished first flight. I'm new to drones so kept it in beginner mode, went to the local high school where there's big fields, and flew until battery drained to make sure it "returns home." It did, though about 5 feet off the landing pad. So easy to fly, good response from gimbal. Great hovering stability, was able to drop the controller and taker some pictures of it! While drone and a couple items arrived fast, the additional batteries I ordered are still in transit somewhere, so limited to 30 minutes at a pop for now.

Just had my m2Pro up in time for the clouds & mist to clear this morning before work. Loving it so far, just learning the basics of flying etc before even touching camera/video settings. Feels very responsive & its very handy to have the switch on the side to change modes from sport, tripod etc. Only took a couple of boring pics so far nothing worth posting but quality seems excellent. Conditions were high contrast sunshine and nowhere near as washed out/over exposed as shots I've seen from a friends MPP.

3D8818C6-99AB-4A4C-8079-27F8827504BC.jpeg 95B3EA44-CF8C-4B06-99A5-743920BC8C49.jpeg C68D1557-BC21-4ACC-86A0-2E11010891F9.jpeg 26E3B1A5-D1F3-4E6C-B71E-ABC48467204B.jpeg Ordered day of release, delivery the following Tuesday, updating firmware on drone, controller and batteries, brushing up on best settings, features, etc and working have all kept me from flying until this morning. Got a few shots in The vineyards above the Sonoma Valley, CA, where I've been working the last few days.

Reactions: Gooseman
I did a quick little run through my yard, and let it chase my kids around. Prolly 15 mins learning the ins and outs of it. I'll take it out today for a mile flight to the park from my house.

Last edited:
Here are some practice shots to show what works and what doesn't as far as backgrounds with dolly zooms. Uh- am I missing something or does each shot end when DJI's software wants it to end? How do I keep shooting either before or after the effect? The first shot looking straight down is a manual zoom.

Quick first flight. Flight time 28 min, max distance of 900ft, max altitude 398ft. No issues. Performed very well. I am missing the precision take off though.
This pano was taken straight from the M2P and not edited, other than removing metadata.

Attachments

• DDDD5EE5-398B-4955-930A-E84EBE82A457.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 23
HYPERLAPSE_0063.JPG

Some panos as requested, fresh from the camera

that drone is insane

Attachments

• DJI_0094.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0103.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0115.JPG
    DJI_0115.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 15
3 basic shots taken with M2P but very impressed with quality considering for the 1st two the wind was gusting quite strong

screen_a628b33336bfbb5b_1535914636000-01.jpeg

screen_a1980e154caeac9d_1535912952377-01.jpeg

screen_c1cca7d473ef9657_1535975810000-01.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki