DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who makes the best battery for Air S2

jforester

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I did a search and found nothing on this topic, so… Question
who makes the better battery for the Air S2? I have five DJI batteries and they have served me well. I’m starting to notice that dreaded swelling in all five of my batteries and I know it’s just a matter time before I’m in the market. Any ideas? Opinions?

Until DJI discontinues battery manufacturing most of us stay with DJI.

How many charges do you have? How are you storing them? It's unusual for 5 of them to "Swell" all at once to be honest.

You answered your own question. They served you well. Batteries have a life span and unfortunately, a cost.

Reactions: Joethedrone
who makes the better battery for the Air S2? I have five DJI batteries and they have served me well. I’m starting to notice that dreaded swelling in all five of my batteries and I know it’s just a matter time before I’m in the market. Any ideas? Opinions?
Stick with OEM, why wouldn’t you?

Contact DJI. I had the same thing happen to 3 of 3 batteries on my Air 2, and DJI replaced all 3 at no cost. Worth a shot

Reactions: mavictk
I'd never trust something that flies with an aftermarket battery. So many bad things could happen... and I'm sure DJI Care wouldn't cover anything when using an aftermarket battery. For some things you need to get the real thing.

Now... you can get "renewed" official DJI batteries cheap. Amazon sells them. I haven't purchased myself yet, but this has been recommended by a LOT of pilots here, and I will buy these when I have to:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HHJD4D...BH3KJF5O&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Reactions: Hermey
DJI makes the best.

I'd never trust something that flies with an aftermarket battery. So many bad things could happen... and I'm sure DJI Care wouldn't cover anything when using an aftermarket battery. For some things you need to get the real thing.

Now... you can get "renewed" official DJI batteries cheap. Amazon sells them. I haven't purchased myself yet, but this has been recommended by a LOT of pilots here, and I will buy these when I have to:

Amazon.com
I have three of these, from this vendor. All three are perfect, two had 3 charges, one had 0 charges.

Reactions: kenjancef
I appreciate all the feedback and yes these batteries have served me well. Often when I’m at a crossroad I like to explore my options. I’m sure some of you can appreciate that. I was really hoping this would become an in-depth discussion on what’s available in the drone battery world but, well I got my answer. I am a DJI fan, my drone (Air2S), has never let me down. It has humbled me a few times but I’ve always walked away appreciating the lesson.
again thanks for the feedback!

The swelling can be an issue, usually caused by storage with too much charge.
I learned the hard way, but now store my batteries with two flashing lights. and check regularly. Also only use the recommended DJI Charger.
I purchased a couple of reconditioned DJI batteries from a DJI vendor on e -bay with a 2 year warranty and 0 charge cycles for about $ 80 . They work great after 6 months use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne