DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who makes the chips for DJI Drones?

It is only a matter of time when DJI will be banned from US Sales. It is time that drone enthusiasts start looking elsewhere. The US Department of defense has just blacklisted DJI…..

Now is the time for US based manufacturers to step up to the plate and offer the great technology that DJI is offering. This includes everything from ease of flight to advanced sensors which protect the drone…..
Would you seriously considered a device that carries a label ‘made in the USA’. People here in Australia have learned to stay away from expensive, but low quality stuff. The drone market, solar panels and from next year electric vehicles will be Chinese only. Tesla will in 2023 be superseded by BYD. Already now, the number of cars produced by BYD is three times that of Tesla. In Australia there are more orders on the book and waiting times for the new BYD 4 WD than for Teslas.

Glad i live in the democratic country of Australia. Sad for you guys. End of drones for US residents then.
Fortunately, I suspect that's unlikely.

Still, I've been putting off my Avata purchase. Maybe it's time to accelerate that...

;-)

They will but it will cost you 4 times more for the same capabilities.
I miss the old Pixhawk Devlopment team before they went commercial only. It was fairly close to the DJI Naza controller in terms of UAV stabiiity and offered vastly more tweaking in Ardupilot.

Proper setup was a pain though and they were just starting to implement auto-tuning when stopped by the bad launch of the GoPro Drone. That would be the number one place to start for a solid US-made controller software and many commercial and government UAVs were flying some variation or build of Ardupilot for their commercial offerings a few years back.

Zeiss cameras were very popular in most of Europe during the 1930s .. because they were the best. It was not the camera's fault that things got dicey. It was also not the fault of serious photographers that parts for them became difficult to find for a while. Take care of your stuff and keep your fingers crossed.

I don't think any American company can compete. In order to do so, they would need to be heavily automated, and get significant relaxation of both labor and environmental regulations.

I don't see that happening.
What environmental refs do you think come into okay?

Glad i live in the democratic country of Australia. Sad for you guys. End of drones for US residents then.
Actually, I think the DOD ban just limits two things: 1) Use of DJI products by any DOD personnel (in official capacity) - e.g. they can't buy it for DOD official use 2) It limits/restricts US companies from selling them parts. I don't see any consumer impact unless DJI feels to need to add some punitive pricing, or otherwise respond. Geez with batteries at $150+ each for Mavic 2, what's next?

Reactions: justcruisin
LOL, as if they could. And then you would have to buy 5000 $ for a standard crappy drone, made in USA. We keep flying here DJI very happily thank you. No ’made in USA’ in my household.

sending all your money to china doesn't seem wise, but you do you!

I was intrigued & interested in the Parrot Disco flying wing, until I found out that they've been discontinued.

I'm just not hardcore enough to buy a refurbished model, although I find the mods done on them with solar panels, L-Ion batteries & 4G LTE communication, etc. fascinating.

sending all your money to china doesn't seem wise, but you do you!

Apparently, there is a big push to make India the next big drone manufacturer. Interesting to see if they can compete, or how long before they compete with DJI and China manufacturing. As long as DJI keeps their prices lower than the Indian drones, it will continue to funnel resources away, at least in the consumer space.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661