DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who couldn't find the link button clearly shown in both manuals and who doesn't understand what an IMU adjustment is and who has never actually used the goggles in flight says the reviewers are lying.

Sure. It isn't at all just impatience and incompetence on your part. The others may be to polite to say it but I am not.

I got them setup and paired in minutes. I can see clearly though it is near the end of the dial rotation to one side. It looks great. More clear than an Oculus rift and Samsung Gear VR.

You called out the latency and keep comparing them to racing quad goggles. You clearly don't understand the tech and purpose of these. Have fun with your racing goggles and their terrible range and other completely missing features compared to these.

My manual doesn't show what you claim. I gave the page number and exact quote in my manual. My manual shows no pics of the Mavic. Even the Mavic instructions only show a pic of the goggles.

Close each eye with the Oculus rift and Samsung Gear, can you only see part of the screen or all of it? If you can't see the entire screen with both eyes, it won't seem totally sharp. If the Oculus rift and Samsung Gear are this way as well, I'm glad I didn't get suckered into those goggles either. I guess that makes me 1/3rd the sucker you are.

Tim

Last edited:
I have no problem seeing everything. Even if your manual doesn't have the picture a google search for the button gives you a result in seconds. There is no excuse for the laziness. There is only one explanation that makes sense. You had buyers remorse long before getting them and are working overtime to convince yourself.

That's the highest offer, they'll go to highest bidder. But be warned, they suck! They're not defective, just poorly designed.

Tim

How did you determine that they aren't defective and that the issue is the design considering others here don't share your issues. From trying multiple ones? Nope. From trying them in flight even once? Nope. You have no credibility.

I got mine finally today from Amazon after writing to DJI complaining about the close to 30 days to get them. I am not sure I like them either. I noticed the words are blurry but the video is not. I might need glasses too. I had to hook my cell phone into the controller and open the Go 4 app to get it to finally link to the controller. The link button on the Mavic is on the small button next to the SD card. Just press it until the red light next to it lights up. Once the Mavic was paired, then the next step is the controller (with phone or tablet connected and go4 app open). I did upgrade to the .800 software.

How did you determine that they aren't defective and that the issue is the design considering others here don't share your issues. From trying multiple ones? Nope. From trying them in flight even once? Nope. You have no credibility.
Because the optics are poorly designed. If you have the goggles, close one eye at a time and notice that you can't see the entire screen with either eye. Try adjusting the eye distance dial, you can adjust it to see the edge of the screen, but then you can't see the center. Take the halo off and press the goggles as close as you can to you our eyes, you still can't see the entire image (and at this point my eyelashes are touching the optics).

Therefore, it doesn't provide fill bonocular view, which makes the image look blurry. As you can't have that in the center, you need to turn the dial all the way to one extreme so the center is "mostly" binocular.

Using the HDMI input I did some testing. As it allows you to scale the video, I was able to reduce the size (quite a bit) and get a 100% binocular view. Problem is, it's more like a 720p display at a further distance, so the immersive FPV effect is lost.

With some optics tweaking these could have been okay goggles. As they are now, too many issues (poor documentation, not full binocular vision, excessive lag, irritating interface, etc.)

Tim

I have no problem seeing everything. Even if your manual doesn't have the picture a google search for the button gives you a result in seconds. There is no excuse for the laziness. There is only one explanation that makes sense. You had buyers remorse long before getting them and are working overtime to convince yourself.

I did a Google search, which didn't help, the closest was pointing me here.

Tim

The link button I'm assuming is the one right beside where you insert the sd card into the Mavic. Also, I've read the goggle screens are calibrated to appear to be 10 ft away, so if you can see clearly at objects 10 ft away, then maybe there is something wrong with your goggles?
Their marketing claims 10 feet away, but I'd estimate they look more like 6 inche away. I can easily see my phone (which I'm using now) about 9 inches away.

Tim

Yep. To get to you Goggle's tools, swipe up or down on the touchpad of your Goggles, until the Toolbox icon is lit. Tap on the touchpad to select it. The go to your settings, the gear symbol, navigate to your link settings, select it, and select quick link. You will have 60 seconds to push the button on the Mavic.
I was already on the goggle menu, the instructions just don't tell what to do on the Mavic or controller side.

Tim

On page 2 of the quick start manual, and on page 8 of the user manual, the link button is clearly shown in the image.
There's not even a page 2 of the manual, it starts on page 3. Maybe I have an "updated" manual that's defective (just like the goggles).

Tim

Because the optics are poorly designed. If you have the goggles, close one eye at a time and notice that you can't see the entire screen with either eye. Try adjusting the eye distance dial, you can adjust it to see the edge of the screen, but then you can't see the center. Take the halo off and press the goggles as close as you can to you our eyes, you still can't see the entire image (and at this point my eyelashes are touching the optics).

Therefore, it doesn't provide fill bonocular view, which makes the image look blurry. As you can't have that in the center, you need to turn the dial all the way to one extreme so the center is "mostly" binocular.

Using the HDMI input I did some testing. As it allows you to scale the video, I was able to reduce the size (quite a bit) and get a 100% binocular view. Problem is, it's more like a 720p display at a further distance, so the immersive FPV effect is lost.

With some optics tweaking these could have been okay goggles. As they are now, too many issues (poor documentation, not full binocular vision, excessive lag, irritating interface, etc.)

Tim

What you describe is not the case for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu