DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whoah... 43 watts!!

Last edited:
Yeah, it is most likely charging with max. 36 W (12 V x 3 A) as intended.
My power bank reports 37 W which seems fine so far.

Caution. This cable does not measure accurately. Only the display is fantastic when the values are too high.
Good idea. Not terribly accurate.
Agreed, but I don't need accuracy, I have meters for that. It's just another toy in the box, but tells me the charger is doing it's job. Charging fast at first, then a lower rate at mid level, then see a low rate when 80% charged or more. It's just cool.

Both the charger as well as the Mini Pro 3 support "PD" - the power supply may go higher than the standard 5V so that with a limited current fast charging is possible. If you buy an aftermarket charger you should therefore try to obtain a PD version such as this one. Look in the spec which says "Input: 5V/9V/12V--3A".
Special USB-C meters can specify the voltage as well as the current so you can monitor precisely what is happening - for instance see this meter.

There's nothing wrong with the cables if you are using them for fun but If you want to measure wattage accurately, get yourself one of these (or similar) and you also aren't limited to USB-C applications:

Those cables with the meters in them are sold from the manufacturer for a little over $1 each:

They appear to be a much better in the USA but on Amazon Canada they are around $30.

Just a followup, the cable shown in the OP is very inaccurate. I had two of that brand, both horrible, gave them away.

Since then I tried a different brand, and it was accurate within 1 watt all the way to it's rated 100W capacity. I have since bought an additional 6 footer and a 10 foot, all accurate to +/– 1 watt.

Brand is WOTOBE US, here's the link on Amazon for the 6':

WOTOBEUS 6ft USB C to USB C Cable 5A PD100W Cord LED Display QC5 PPS45W Super Fast Charging Type-C Phone Laptop 480Mbps Data for iPad MacBook Pro Air Thunderbolt Samsung Galaxy Pixel LG Android PS5 https://a.co/d/8NiSfHt

If you want more detailed info, here's a cable that rotates voltage, current, power (watts), accumulated charge (Ah) and charge time in the display, and proved to be accurate to about half a watt:

j5create USB-C to USB-C 2.0... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0868S782Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser