DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who's returning their mavic because of the warm spot?

Mine has a blue dot, not a photo expert so i like having nice pics and vids without editing. For my standards (low compared to others) mavic camera does pretty well. Blue dot just word. See below.screen_912c2dff66ebcbeb_1491606028000.jpg

Of course we can continue patching hardware problem by software way - this approach will always work and it works with me too. But for the money I paid and advertise I have seen I couldn't even imagine that they put a piece of **** behind the lens (probably the lens itself is also bad). I don't believe that you, who seems do PP, can accept that poor quality - especially for RAW that is designed to be the way to get better quality (definitely not by patching red hot spots). Moreover, there are plenty video examples where Mavic wasn't able to patch the problem on the board. Patching video for red hot spot... sorry, that's not my way to produce nice looking video. I don't tell about professional use or professional application at all (even though I could as soon as they claimed combined "Pro" and "photo/video" in their ads) - I tell about sense of beauty that most people don't have, unfortunately.

I'm done. Return your MP. Sell it I don't care. I see the videos others have been making and my own and the spot is not an issue 9/10 of the time and the rest can be tamed in post with modest effort.

That sense of beauty has been attained by hundreds of people pro and amateur with the MP.

I actually think JPEGS look better from my mavic than RAW does, its almost impossible for me to get a usable photo in RAW. But JPEGS look better.

the spot is not an issue 9/10 of the time
It's depend.
If 90% people shooting jpeg or/and have low standards for video, then you ratio is correct. But it doesn't change the fact that camera in Mavic is terrible and they should not been placing such in the bird that has all other characteristic perfect. You know... it's like to put cheap laggy navigation system to BMW or like to do cheap plastic interior in Bentley. Yes, DJI are not experts in photo/video like Sony or Olympus, they are expert in drones, but it's again doesn't justify them on that issue.

You'll understand that I was right about all said above in this thread on one day when DJI will change the camera on their Mavic in the future. They will definitely first will try to patch this hardware problem using software methods, even for RAW - similar way as we do in PP now. They already achieved some results on video and jpegs - that's why your ratio would probably work for most people, but not good enough... especially for those who are shooting snow all the time (i.e. me in Finland).

I shoot photos exclusively in raw and I havent noticed anything. I believe the last firmware update addressed colors in DNG files.

I havent had mine very long but you can check out some of the shots ive take on my instagram. nerun119

It's depend.
If 90% people shooting jpeg or/and have low standards for video, then you ratio is correct. But it doesn't change the fact that camera in Mavic is terrible and they should not been placing such in the bird that has all other characteristic perfect. You know... it's like to put cheap laggy navigation system to BMW or like to do cheap plastic interior in Bentley. Yes, DJI are not experts in photo/video like Sony or Olympus, they are expert in drones, but it's again doesn't justify them on that issue.

You'll understand that I was right about all said above in this thread on one day when DJI will change the camera on their Mavic in the future. They will definitely first will try to patch this hardware problem using software methods, even for RAW - similar way as we do in PP now. They already achieved some results on video and jpegs - that's why your ratio would probably work for most people, but not good enough... especially for those who are shooting snow all the time (i.e. me in Finland).

As I've said there's PLENTY of fine video out there w/o these artifacts being visible. The right shooting conditions and/or post correction.

It's a $999 flying machine that can go out 5 km and back w/o too much effort and happens to carry a fixed aperture no-shutter 4K /12 MPix camera.

Oh. Surely you knew it had no shutter? Surely you knew it was fixed aperture. I mean you're such an "expert" that those key details did not slip you by? You bought it recently? You didn't look at all the comments and reviews and videos out there? Yet you bought it? Wow. Some "pro" who doesn't research what he buys.

You're focusing on an issue in true troll like manner and repeating the same drivel over and over and over.

So put up or shut up: return your drone or keep it and move on.

As for you. *PLONK*.

Reactions: newnan3
My two cents,
I'm not video nut I'm a drone junky (wife says we would be rich without drones and motorcycles) I've paid more for less of a drone, and I'm sure many of you know this better than I do.So mavic well worth the 1000 I paid for it. The quality of the camera is a bonus to me.

Reactions: Kestrel
My two cents,
I'm not video nut I'm a drone junky (wife says we would be rich without drones and motorcycles) I've paid more for less of a drone, and I'm sure many of you know this better than I do.So mavic well worth the 1000 I paid for it. The quality of the camera is a bonus to me.
Same, I love flying my drones, even if the camera quality isn't up to some peoples standards I still love flying them. Being able to see angles i'd otherwise not be able to see is awesome even if its not up to some "professionals".

As for you. *PLONK*.
You just can't think adequately as most of the Mavic's owners affected by euphoria from having this really nice bird that yes flying marvelous. After few months of waiting they can't imagine neither RMA, nor return and are ready to accept it on terms "as is". My actual trolling season begins when ice melt. But just for you I will politely repeat that you'll see I was right when DJI announce updated hardware for their Mavic's camera.

I'm out of return window, unfortunately. Otherwise I would definitely return it as the author of this thread did it.
Peace.

You just can't think adequately as most of the Mavic's owners affected by euphoria from having this really nice bird that yes flying marvelous. After few months of waiting they can't imagine neither RMA, nor return and are ready to accept it on terms "as is". My actual trolling season begins when ice melt. But just for you I will politely repeat that you'll see I was right when DJI announce updated hardware for their Mavic's camera.

I'm out of return window, unfortunately. Otherwise I would definitely return it as the author of this thread did it.
Peace.
They usually do that when they bring out new generations. It wont be because they made a mistake..

I wrote an extensive analysis on this issue with the most recent firmware .800, both in photo DNG/JPEG and Video.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-09-at-11.13.jpeg

Here is a blog post with the results

Last edited:
I find it entertaining to go back and watch the promotional video on the DJI website for the 2 knowing what we do about performance so far. Strongly believe if we do not call them out on their claims shortfall we deserve what we get. No one else to blame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure