DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WHY ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS BEING REPORTED?

Hey I'm Happy I've had crashes (more then 1)I've had to have expensive repairs. I had 3 batteies go bad and had to buy new ones 75 bucks each .But I'm a happy flyer. Dasher just loves flying around everywhere takin pictures and video. He'll probably crash again but I'm pretty sure it will be my fault not his and I'll get him fixed and keep flyin :) :) Thumbswayup

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of these people's problems usually comes from user error.

Just looking at all the problems being reported with DJI drones, why would anyone want to jump in and feel the pain?
I have been flying drone for a few years now. since 2013. I own several drones. I have not had any issues. most of what I have read, is because individuals are taking chances and not learning the capabilities of the drones. until they get themselves into trouble.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Love to fly and find most drones are dependable and perform as advertised

2.5 years - 500 flights - 180 hours
Yuneec H. 520 many issues, work to fly. 2 crashes, drone fault
DJI Spark - no issues, no crashes
DJI Phantom 3, great to fly, two crashes, my fault
DJI Mavic Pro, superb drone, one crash my fault
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum, great flying machine, no issues no crashes
DJI Mavic 2 Pro, probably the best made, no issues no crashes
Autel EVO, solid flyer, one issue, one crash my fault

I launched my first bird about 2 years ago. Within a month I had a catastrophic crash. My bird was stuck in a huge tree that happened to be growing in a fenced bridge maintenance lot.

My crash was pilot error, full stop.

Every time I fly I find my Zoom 2 to be incredible. Magical really. Can it be glitchy, rarely. Have I had sensors fail, rarely. Mostly it’s been as reliable and capable craft.

Attachments

• CAEBEAE9-7AF5-44F5-936C-8B97FEEBAAAB.jpeg
    CAEBEAE9-7AF5-44F5-936C-8B97FEEBAAAB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of these people's problems usually comes from user error.
Its a short limb I think its about 99% pilot error, then because they didn't read the manual, didn't keep vlos, tried to do a distance record , or a height record or some other stupid thing. They come here and cry my beloved drone flew away and crashed all by itself.????

My first real drone was the anafi, and although nice flew away twice and broke a leg on last uncontrolled landing. They said it was operator error and I threatened them with getting a refund via Visa.
Eventually got a refund and got the Platinum. Never had a problem that was the fault of the drone and I feel really confident with it. Just around power lines in Scotland it drifted but got it back manually.

Just looking at all the problems being reported with DJI drones, why would anyone want to jump in and feel the pain?
Because mostly only problems are reported here. Considering the amount of drones now being flown by first time pilots, I submit the "problems" reported are minimal. Just my opinion.
The only problems I've had are self induced. (read pilot error)

Reactions: Thomas B
Because mostly only problems are reported here. Considering the amount of drones now being flown by first time pilots, I submit the "problems" reported are minimal. Just my opinion.
The only problems I've had are self induced. (read pilot error)
Me2

Lots of dipsticks driving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, jogging, hunting, boating, working next to you, etc, etc. We have to deal with them one way or the other. Keep flying safely is all you can do...

Lots of dipsticks driving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, jogging, hunting, boating, working next to you, etc, etc. We have to deal with them one way or the other. Keep flying safely is all you can do...
And encourage others to do so in a constructive manner

Agree with above - we as humans focus on the negative. Rustling must be a snake, stick snapping a tiger. And those are the stories we tell! Given how many hundreds of thousands of DJI drones there must be, very understandable how many issues there are - think they have like 75% of the market? Same with Ford cars - all you’ll see online is issues! But what do you see driving everywhere no problems in general?

Had a Great day flying today, no issues despite the high winds at times. Went thru 6 batteries a 3 different locations. All is good :)

Reactions: Thomas B

Because a large % of drone owners are newbies. Not bashing them but most are excited to get their craft in the air... with little or no experience, many times leading to short cuts (improper setup, not waiting for GPS lock, that sort of thing.)

I've owned and flown DJI drones for years without issue. Maybe I'm boring and old, but I read the manuals, the update notes, and pay attention to the environment I'm flying in and the weather. I also carry out substantial equipment checks before each flight. A lot of people don't do that. They get their drones straight out of the box, charge them up and take off. The release of the Mini at a lower cost means people are taking even less care - this is why so many problems are being reported.

There is a lot more pleasure than pain. People are quick to criticize but slow to praise.
Clearly you did not live with a shelved M2P with Smart Controller for 7 months. I only now fly the M2P after finding a good 'ole fashioned controller, with a mobile. Google routinely alerts me to an unknown rm500 device, trying to log in from 5-6 countries....

Clearly you did not live with a shelved M2P with Smart Controller for 7 months. I only now fly the M2P after finding a good 'ole fashioned controller, with a mobile. Google routinely alerts me to an unknown rm500 device, trying to log in from 5-6 countries....
I avoid the issue entirely by using my CS.

Reactions: Saigondroner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer