DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WHY ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS BEING REPORTED?

I've owned and flown DJI drones for years without issue. Maybe I'm boring and old, but I read the manuals, the update notes, and pay attention to the environment I'm flying in and the weather. I also carry out substantial equipment checks before each flight. A lot of people don't do that. They get their drones straight out of the box, charge them up and take off. The release of the Mini at a lower cost means people are taking even less care - this is why so many problems are being reported.
I do agree, but selling MM's with bikini chicks & bearded hipsters sliding down waterfalls are not going to help encourage checking the day's est. Satellite count. A Mavic Air requires me registering with the FAA? GPS in their car tells them where to find the hippest place in town.....so it's calibrated...compasses? So 1700's :) I'd pay good money to watch a bikini girl 'calibrate the IMU' LOL....anyway...

Px's were some very well engineered drones. I still have an original P2 normal..great, but finicky Mav 1's are also very good hardware, my favorite....and I liked the Spark (but I read the manual) The Air was clearly DJI's decision to drop the quality of the Mavic 'line', but keep its name. The Mini is their newest 249g attempt to save the hobby. However, I had shelved my M2P for 7 months with the "Smart Controller", anything but Smart. But I found a basic M2P controlIer, and now fly $2700 with confidence. I haven't tried flying the Mini yet; I prefer Hubsan & the Tello.

I do love my M1P that's totally hacked, but not a drone for normal consumption. I never land at airports, nor try flying inverted :)

DJI's software is their problem, and marketing a product that can be very dangerous with crappy software is why I won't buy their birds any more...rant off :)

I avoid the issue entirely by using my CS.
I couldn't bring myself to buy any of their Android based devices (excepting the drones, of course)

Just looking at all the problems being reported with DJI drones, why would anyone want to jump in and feel the pain?
Until someone can create a faster algorithm than DJI currently has, people will continue to purchase their products. I think the Skydio is the closest to DJI as far as reliability and intelligence but I could be wrong. In addition every drone that is fairly new has a few months of bugs to get worked out to it's hands down failsafe.. I wait a few months and listen to feedback from the people who buy a new drone release like the Mavic Mini.. Good Luck

I've also ditched the phone for Crystal sky and fly with the 5.5 or7" UB. Just prefer a dedicated device.
Interesting, I did not know it was dedicated. That's why I prefer the basic controller, with an iPhone with not much else other than Go4, Litchi, and other drone apps...airdata, etc. I have been removing some of those as well. UAV Forecast can be elsewhere.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid