DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why buy the new controller?

photo2be

Reactions
Hi.
What's the purpose to spend a lot of money on the new mini3 controller? The screen is the same size as i.e Iphone8+ and you STILL need a cellphone in your pocket to see the map on the Mini3 RC? With the Mini2 RC you have both a screen and internet. All-In-One. Pls explain to me.

Attachments

• rc.jpg
    rc.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 20
Pick up and go!...who wants to faff around with cables and another device?
You tap the power and up and flying in less than 2mins or thereabout plus it's more compact.
It's a cheap SC (and I mean cheap as in build)

@photo2be having the new controller just makes it easier to set up the RC and drone and get into the air ,if you already have the RC for the mini 2, and you are happy with it ,then just purchase the Mini 3 only package, and use your existing RC and screen device for the two of them ,its really personal taste at the end of the day
all i know is,as the first drone i have purchased ,with a RC with built in screen it is a great addition ,and saves me all the set up time i have to spend ,with my other two drones ,using a device holder and i pad

It’s about the convenience of having a dedicated device for controlling the drone. No phone calls or notifications. No wonky data cable to wear out. No awkward phone case removal and mounting. The RC offers a few more dedicated buttons and a thumbwheel. Internet is not needed to fly, but yes if one wanted a non-cached map, turning on the hot-spot would be required. I’ve never noticed lack of internet when flying—I’m paying attention to my shot and camera settings 95 percent of the time.

It’s about the convenience of having a dedicated device for controlling the drone. No phone calls or notifications. No wonky data cable to wear out. No awkward phone case removal and mounting. The RC offers a few more dedicated buttons and a thumbwheel. Internet is not needed to fly, but yes if one wanted a non-cached map, turning on the hot-spot would be required. I’ve never noticed lack of internet when flying—I’m paying attention to my shot and camera settings 95 percent of the time.
Thanx Debaser... "No phone calls No wonky data cable to wear out" Now I know the differences :)

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
@photo2be what is it that is so important about having a map ,i have been flying many drones over the years ,without my screen devices having ,data connections , and have never found it to be a problem

Hi.
What's the purpose to spend a lot of money on the new mini3 controller? The screen is the same size as i.e Iphone8+ and you STILL need a cellphone in your pocket to see the map on the Mini3 RC? With the Mini2 RC you have both a screen and internet. All-In-One. Pls explain to me.
Who uses the map? This is all I need!

1656766665064.png

@photo2be what is it that is so important about having a map ,i have been flying many drones over the years ,without my screen devices having ,data connections , and have never found it to be a problem
I guess if you are one of those that fly BVLOS and loose your drone or run out of battery and it auto lands, a map would be helpful in locating the last known position. But if you fly VLOS, you should know exactly where the drone is located. Only exception would be a flyaway.

Also the screen on the RC will never dim due to overheating as it would on the phone. That alone makes the RC Pro/RC worth it.

I've had several DJI drones with the RC-N1 remote. I like the new RC remote because, as stated above, it's just easier/faster. The N1 remote hasn't worked for me in two years, since I switched to a phone that doesn't fit, that makes it a real pain in the ***. I was worried about the sticks being above the screen, but that doesn't bother me at all.

I guess I don't understand how the maps work. When I set up and registered everything the remote requested a wi-fi connection. Since then, I have not connected the RC to a hot spot or even had my phone with me on occasion and I have had functioning maps (granted, all the flights have been at or near my house, so same area). Did it download the maps when I set it up? Not sure, but maps have not been an issue without a hotspot for me. I'm glad I spent the extra for the RC, no regrets......yet.

Reactions: FireAnt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada