DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can’t I take off here...

BrAinZ

Reactions
This is driving me a little crazy :)

There is a really scenic windmill that I want to get some aerial shots of, but it’s near-ish to a little local light aircraft airport.

I’m only going to fly just above the windmill and close by, so I won’t be any threat to the very few aircraft that occasionally use the airport.

The problem is that despite me unlocking the NFZ and trying to take off well away from the actual NFZ (I’m in the yellow zone), the Mavic will never take off.

At first, I thought it was me not doing the Geo Unlock thing correctly, but I’ve tried a few times now and always the same result... no take off :(

Am I missing something obvious?
I’ve attached a screen shot which shows where I am and the NFZ.

IMG_3711.JPG

Did you make sure to properly activate the unlocking for the yellow authorization zone in your DJI Go 4 app?

Did you make sure to properly activate the unlocking for the yellow authorization zone in your DJI Go 4 app?

I did that on my computer at home before leaving and click the bit in the app that says Sync unlock zones.

Do I need to do anything else?

I did that on my computer at home before leaving and click the bit in the app that says Sync unlock zones.

Do I need to do anything else?
Yes, Sync will update the list of unlocked zones, and each of these has a little switch on the line. You need to turn that switch on when in the zone.

Yes, Sync will update the list of unlocked zones, and each of these has a little switch on the line. You need to turn that switch on when in the zone.

Hmm. Definitely never seen anything actually listed before, wonder why that is?

Are you sure your unlock was accepted? A line for each authorized zone should appear in the "unlocking list" with a switch at the end after a sync/refresh/whatever (names seem to differ between iOS and Android and have changed over time...)

I can’t even get past the credit card or phone number stage. If I try the credit card way, it says in red “sorry! your credit card verification has failed”. If I try the phone number way, I put in the the phone number and press send, then a pop up says “enter a number”.

I can’t even get past the credit card or phone number stage. If I try the credit card way, it says in red “sorry! your credit card verification has failed”. If I try the phone number way, I put in the the phone number and press send, then a pop up says “enter a number”.
enter # like 5407784665 no dashes and no #1 prefix

Still pops up “enter a number”.

Sorry for the hijack

That screen shot says the aircraft is disconnected.
I live in a yellow zone near a smaller low traffic airport just like where you are at, all I get is a warning screen, but I just swipe it away and I can take off without issue in my back yard.
All the latest firmware and software.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Still pops up “enter a number”.

Sorry for the hijack
i had a similar issue and the phone box area was so small i had a hard time getting it clicked on to accept a number and got this msg when i hit enter

My problem was me trying to do this from an iPad. Did it from a pc no problem.

I tried to take off from the location again yesterday. I definitely had the zone unlocked from my PC at home, screenshot attached showing the zone “Bembridge” is unlocked.

The problem appears to be that this then won’t sync across to the DJI Go app? Clicking the sync option doesn’t do anything.

Any ideas why this isn’t working?IMG_3731.JPGIMG_3732.JPGIMG_3733.JPGIMG_3734.JPGIMG_3735.JPGIMG_3736.JPG

You haven’t actually unlocked yet. You need to have internet connected and go to the “synchronize unlock information” screen. The area you are trying to unlock should pop up automatically. Then unlock it. You’re so close. Last hoop, and your off.

Last edited:
You haven’t actually unlocked yet. You need to have internet connected and go to the “synchronize unlock information” screen. The area you are trying to unlock should pop up automatically. Then unlock it. You’re so close. Last hoop, and your off.
Yes, that’s my point.
No matter how many times I click the synchronise bit, it doesn’t actually load/sync the unlock.
And yes, I do have a really good data connection where I’m trying to fly.

Are you using the flight controller serial number on the “ABOUT” screen? When you request the unlock on the DJI fly safe page. I think this might be your problem, if you have been using the printed serial number on the remote control.

That screen shot says the aircraft is disconnected.
I live in a yellow zone near a smaller low traffic airport just like where you are at, all I get is a warning screen, but I just swipe it away and I can take off without issue in my back yard.
All the latest firmware and software.

Same for me, it just gives me a warning and I just press OK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson