DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can I record only for 16 seconds???

rmond6

Reactions
Hi all!
I've got mavic pro platinum.
When I fly my drone and record it records only for 16 seconds randomly.
First or second recording after take off is ok but from third or fourth time it records only for 16 seconds and stops.
It's not always third or fourth time but it happens random.... But it always ends up with specifically 16 seconds.
I've tried to format sdcard and delete media cache but it is still happening....
Does anyone know why???
Thanks in advance!

what format are you using to record in ie 4k,or 10-80p etc and what sort of card are you using

it could be that the device you are using is full not the SD card in the drone in settings you can disable cache to device

it could be that the device you are using is full not the SD card in the drone in settings you can disable cache to device

Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean.
Are you saying to disable saving media cache feature?
Can you tell me a bit more in details?
Thanks so much!

4k takes up a large amount of space on the SD card is there any reason why you must record in 4k the drone records in 4g segments ,i record in 10-80p 30FPS and i get 13 minutes of playback then it will start again obviously 4k will be considerably less time per 4g segment

in your screen device the picture you are seeing is recorded in low res 7-20p and stored in the memory of the device when that is full it will not record any more and you will get a message telling you on the screen in the app if you disable cache to device in camera settings in the app this will stop this from happening you can also try a smaller SD card such as a 64 gig in case the card has a fault

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Here are some things you can try:

1) Format the memory card in the following section of DJI GO (instead of formatting it from a computer):

DJI-GO-Format-Memory-Card.jpg

2) Reset the camera settings in the following section of DJI GO (while the Mavic is connected to DJI GO ):

DJI-GO-Reset-Camera-Settings.jpg

3) Try using a different memory card to rule out the memory card as the problem.

Reactions: old man mavic
There is no FAT/exFAT option when formatting in DJI GO (which is the best place to format). Also, since DJI drones split files at 4GB, you would never even be able to reach the 32GB max file size when using FAT.

Reactions: WAXMAN
There is no FAT/exFAT option when formatting in DJI GO (which is the best place to format). Also, since DJI drones split files at 4GB, you would never even be able to reach the 32GB max file size when using FAT.
My mistake then, I thought FAT had a limit less than 4GB.
I always format using my PC after transferring my data from the card so didn't know the options in DJI GO.

Reactions: Ourakot
Two other possibilities exist, it may be a bootleg mem card or XD or XDSC style card, they have a different style connection at the conductors on the card and operate slow in the normal connection

@rmond6, which memory card are you using?

He originally said “ sandisk extreme pro 128GB” but formatted in a computer, that’s likely the issue

Reactions: msinger
Ah, so, he did. That memory card should work just fine when formatted properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura