DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why couldn't I connect my smart phone to the Mavic Air 2 controller?

Tom25

Reactions
Hello,

After a day of flying I decided to stop at a scenic trestle on my way home for some late afternoon shots of a huge wooden trestle. Yet, I couldn't link my phone to the controller. Nor did I try flying it without the phone, as I like seeing where I am going and what the images look like in real time. Odd, any suggestions for the next time it happens, as I am pretty sure I will retry it on Sunday.

Thanks,
Tom

So it worked then it stopped working?

What are you using as a smartphone and how are you trying to connect it to the controller?

Hello,

After a day of flying I decided to stop at a scenic trestle on my way home for some late afternoon shots of a huge wooden trestle. Yet, I couldn't link my phone to the controller. Nor did I try flying it without the phone, as I like seeing where I am going and what the images look like in real time. Odd, any suggestions for the next time it happens, as I am pretty sure I will retry it on Sunday.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

What are you using as a smartphone and how are you trying to connect it to the controller?
Hello, I was using it all day in various locations and it performed flawlessly. I'm guessing the communication issues had to do with the nature of the location, as it is a narrow valley with plenty of tree's. I will retry on Sunday, paying more attention to the number of satellites. Although that wouldn't explain why the DJI Fly App wasn't connecting to my phone even though it was connected by the DJI cord. ODD.

I use the normal cable for the standard controller. It worked perfectly everywhere else but that location. I'm guessing lack of Sats, cell service, and other issues likely got in the way. I will retry on Sunday.

Hello, I was using it all day in various locations and it performed flawlessly. I'm guessing the communication issues had to do with the nature of the location, as it is a narrow valley with plenty of tree's. I will retry on Sunday, paying more attention to the number of satellites. Although that wouldn't explain why the DJI Fly App wasn't connecting to my phone even though it was connected by the DJI cord. ODD.

I was thinking the same thing, the GPS shouldn't affect the connectivity of the phone and controller.

Double check the OTG cable to see if it got pinched or if the pins are bent?

Good Idea... although it was working 20 minutes earlier. But had open sky, vs a treelined valley, and a huge trestle blocking skyward satellites. In a work case situation I will launch from the top of the hill and shoot from above, which was my plan from the start. But by default I headed to the bottom of the trestle.

Reactions: MA2 317
You might check the insertion of the cable at both controller and phone. I’ve failed to establish contact between the two a couple of times and it was the cable connector not fully clicking into the phone (I have a case on the phone). Once I pushed both connectors firmly home everything worked fine.

Howard

I’ve noticed that when pulling up the antenna / phone holder, sometime the cable inside will come loose. I always just make sure to push the end of the cable firmly into its slot every time I open it.

You didn't say what you were using..I would reset the phone and re-install the app. Sat . cover means nothing. The drone will connect anywhere.

Good Morning, I am using a Apple 6s. And it has been working well, until the attempted trestle shot. I will retry it later today or the next sunny afternoon day, as that will provide the best images for this particular trestle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign