DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why did you choose Air over Pro?

trying to decide between the two. There are tons of pros and cons so it’s really a coin flip.
The Occusync vs WiFi could be a big factor. Why did you choose the Air?
I decided on the front AND rear collision sensors, they gave me the confidence to be a better pilot, I now regularly fly in tight areas and wooded parks, the Mavic Pro was my first choice but the APAS also pushed my decision towards that fantastic little beast. My only regret is that DJI went with wi-fi instead of the far superior Occusync

My first drone
The better camera
100mbs video
Seems easier for a n00b (aka me) to control.
Cost
Size matters *giggity*
It doesn't look quite as intimidating as the MP

If I like this, I can always upgrade down the road.

Reactions: Jahul
For me definitely size and portability. Flymore combo provides more than enough flight time.

I lost wifi signal and was disconnected from the RC flying in Canada (PEI). Distance was approx 500 m. I was shaking thought I am going to loose the drone over water.
But it did what it was suppose to do. And returned home automatically. Glad Home point was obtained before take off

My decision was between the new M2Z/M2P abd the MA. I like the added features of the new models, but it boiled down to packed size. I plan to use my MA to capture video and photos on adventure motorcycle trips. This makes packed size important for me.

I'm sure a MA2 will come out and I'll have to see if I'll want to upgrade when that happens.

Reactions: Rockin2climb
Before I picked up the Air (had the Phantom 3 Advanced before) I heard all of the horror stories about the wifi and how it sucked and if you basically get beyond arms length that it was going to lose connection and fly away and kill some baby seals blah blah blah.

I watched some videos (not many were out before I bought mine) but none of them experienced the issues that people that had never touched one were talking about.

I regularly fly over lakes, rivers, forests etc and have NEVER had any type of connection issue AT ALL. I am not an extreme distance person. I enjoy being outdoors and enjoy taking nice videos and pictures. With that said, I am regularly out to distances where the drone is very difficult to see with the naked eye. Some folks like to go further, but that is just not anything that I am into.

The extremely small size, compactness, easy of use etc is what pulled me in and it is what convinces me every time that I fly that I have the nearly PERFECT drone for my needs and wants.

Until I can get a drone that I can tell, "hey, go over there and take a few pictures of the cool outcropping of rocks and then fly low across the water in sports mode on your way back and take a video", I will be sticking with my MA.

The air had better video quality, OA and absolve all smaller profile. The air fits In my pocket easily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J