DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do i have so many drones

Yeah right. Ooh! A new HO scale Santa Fe diesel with Tsunami sound! And passenger cars to get with it!
Wait, B&O? Let's get that set too!
Two Dji drones and two early handbuilt ones but lost count at 22+ model locomotives

I used to be the same way until recently. I had a Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, Inspire 1 v2, Mavic Pro, Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Zoom, Tello, Yuneec Q500, Yuneec Typhoon H.... I found I wasn't flying most of them. Over the summer I cut down my AP drones to just a few... Mavic Pro (For Sale), Spark, Tello, and Mavic 2 Zoom.

One of the bigger reasons for me selling most off is how many cities and places are limiting drone use regardless of FAA rules or not. I find I can hardly fly anywhere unless I drive somewhere. Even then there are usually plenty of rules...

• Wow
Reactions: eaglesurfing
My wife ask me, why do i have so many drones and i tried to explain to her that even though that all fly they are all different, by the way i have 5. Also i love to fly all of them regardless what they do and she just don get it. Can some one please help me explain this
If you and your wife love, honor, and respect eachother equally, and talk about the purchases before hand, how could there possibly be problem? After 55 years of marriage, there is no problem here at all. But I only have 2 drones. Still, I can't begin to see if the above facts are true, that there could ever be a problem.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I’m the one paying for her dresses and shoes. I can point to anything I want to.
Apples to oranges here my friend. To me, it sounds like a little bit of selfishness. Not trying to cause an argument here, just stating facts as I see them.

My wife is good to me as she lets me have what I want . She gets what she wants and I get what I want .
I bought her a nice 5 wheel holiday trailer that she picked . She also has a acua MDX and a BMW Z-4 .
I got 5 drones plus two SXS and a ATV . I also have a old car for a odd Sunday drive . I also like firearms. Rifles and handguns . Crap , forgot about my two snowmobiles . Keep a happy wife and have a happy life . Be fair to your best friend

When I bought the bmw home she was mad . She thought I was going into a middle aged thing . At her work her boss warned her that guys buy cars then go look for a girlfriend.
I laughed at my wife and said it was for her . She was speechless . I hardly drive my firebird . Don’t need or want a second one . Wife fell in love with her car in about 2 days
2b9b7f1f6b06d1964f0b3f5f4179da2f.jpg

I'd say the drone community is way behind the curve compared to RC in general. Not to mention every other hobby or interest in which gear acquisition is a constant disease state with multiple pathogens.
So true!
3 helicopters
3 airplanes,
3 boats (2 nitro - 1 Gasoline) only use the gasoline now
2 trucks
1 drone.
:)

When I bought the bmw home she was mad . She thought I was going into a middle aged thing . At her work her boss warned her that guys buy cars then go look for a girlfriend.
I laughed at my wife and said it was for her . She was speechless . I hardly drive my firebird . Don’t need or want a second one . Wife fell in love with her car in about 2 days
2b9b7f1f6b06d1964f0b3f5f4179da2f.jpg
Your wife probably feel like the queen Elizabeth II... Extremely spoiled!

I had two motorbikes for a year or so until she went into my man cave looking for soemething one day and saw the two together. They were both black so she thought I had only one!
She was asking why I had three drones and said that I was obsessive, but the first one I bought was a little cheapy symax5 which a friend had a go with and flew off into the woods. He felt guilty so he bought me a replacement. In the meantime I got myself a Mavic pro and then the x5 got found and returned. Hardly my fault was it?

Amen! My wife and I are pretty much the same way. As long as "life expenses" to include savings are taken care of first. We pretty much buy what we want, but we do consult each other if it's a big expense.

My wife is good to me as she lets me have what I want . She gets what she wants and I get what I want .
I bought her a nice 5 wheel holiday trailer that she picked . She also has a acua MDX and a BMW Z-4 .
I got 5 drones plus two SXS and a ATV . I also have a old car for a odd Sunday drive . I also like firearms. Rifles and handguns . Crap , forgot about my two snowmobiles . Keep a happy wife and have a happy life . Be fair to your best friend

Reminds me of an old bumper sticker (modified for this forum):

My wife said that if I didn’t get rid of my drones she would leave me. Man I’m going to miss her!

Reactions: untmanager

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147