DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do people feel the need to ruin it for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbishop1488

Reactions
Hi,

Well woke up this morning to the news that London Gatwick was closed twice throughout the night due to multiple reports of drones been flown in the vicinity of the airport. It’s now headline news in the UK and I can only see the government getting tougher on drone laws and more importantly the public turning against drones (plenty of people are not happy about diversions, cancellations and alternative transport etc).

The thing that annoys me is not only the idiots who do these things but the drone industry as a whole. DJI is the leading figure and most known name associated with drones and their drones have geo fencing to prevent this exact sort of thing from happening, so when people hear headlines like this, it’s usually DJI drones to blame. Why doesn’t companies like DJI and others which use geo fencing come and defend their products in the public eye, on the news etc? I would be very surprised if these turn out to be DJI drones but that’s what the public will think of when drone is mentioned.

The laws will get tighter and tighter until there’s no point in owning a drone unless the industry pushes back against rival products that don’t implement Geofencing and the government made aware of the technology that can prevent this happening keeping everyone safe and happy.

As anyone else felt like the industry just bends over backwards when an incident occurs without stacking out its claims to how technology prevents their product from doing something it shouldn’t?

Angry flyer, cheers

Reactions: Gotcha
Lets just keep this in on thread please post in that one .
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242