DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do we Pay first before we get our Items? Why not the other way around??

I am surprised that a block of classified until so many posts. Makes you feel safer. That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard in awhile. Lol. Scammers have more patience then more then you would think Just a thought.

As a former online seller, I can predict with accuracy that a significant percentage of buyers would never pay after receiving the merchandise. Once word got out that you were doing this, every scammer out there would flock to your online store and you would be out of business pretty quickly.

Even with brick and mortar stores, you must pay for the merchandise before you leave the store.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
I am surprised that a block of classified until so many posts. Makes you feel safer. That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard in awhile. Lol. Scammers have more patience then more then you would think Just a thought.
You might think so but I have been with DronePilots for over 4 years and I know better .
You also don't have to clean all the mess that gets posted when 1st time poster try and sell .
Sure some one might some post to wait out so they could scam but if you did your research on the seller with post you could tell if they were straight up or not or come closer than with no post .;)

As a former online seller, I can predict with accuracy that a significant percentage of buyers would never pay after receiving the merchandise. Once word got out that you were doing this, every scammer out there would flock to your online store and you would be out of business pretty quickly.

Even with brick and mortar stores, you must pay for the merchandise before you leave the store.

I just sell occasionally on EBay, and there’s nothing worse than having to drive to the PO twice to ship something that doesn't fit in a flat rate box just to see how much it would cost to ship and tell the buyer and wait for a payment to go back to the PO. So, if the buyer has a good rating, and we’ve had good communications during the sale, I just ship it the first time and bill the buyer if it’s a low cost item. It totally surprises them and they seem elated enough to write a nice non generic personal review for me about it.

Reactions: razoraerial
...I only encountered one scammer though, in about 260 sales items, they wanted me to accept a western union “deposit” payment to ship an expensive lens to a western union / postal annex in London, where they’d inspect the item first then send the rest of the money then. I told them I shipped it to a different Western Union office in London and it arrived already- I gave them the address to a London Police Station instead :D

You might think so but I have been with DronePilots for over 4 years and I know better .
You also don't have to clean all the mess that gets posted when 1st time poster try and sell .
Sure some one might some post to wait out so they could scam but if you did your research on the seller with post you could tell if they were straight up or not or come closer than with no post .;)
I see your point me being high in security and also able to write the software that runs this site have seen the dark side too easy. Lol. So each has a different way of seeing it.
Your site I totally support how you run it.

Reactions: dirkclod
I’ve been lucky with buying many things on this site and been able to Talk to the Seller by phone most of the time. You can usually get a sense by talking to someone, plus I feel better about the transaction and get other questions answered quickly that way.

Oh, and the comment about “ you have to pay in the store before you leave”. Well, it’s in my hands first [emoji6]

Reactions: razoraerial

There's nothing 'crazy' about it as it's an effective procedure to cut down spammers and works well across a range forums, of course it doesn't stop scammers entirely but it's quick and simple to implement and it does significantly cut down both the scammers and the spam as well. Many scammers are after a quick and easy payoff because there's plenty of other opportunities out there and even those that do bother to try and circumvent post limits are so easy to spot the account is shut down long before it reaches the point.

Reactions: MichiganMavic
With regards to the topic it mainly comes down to trust, on forums it's not that unusual for sellers to send first if they have little or no feedback to a buyer who had a high degree of feedback. In some cases if neither have any feedback then I've seen the seller and buyer split the risk by paying half up front and half on receipt. I think buyers paying first isn't that strange as the seller can give some assurances by showing they have the item whereas it's more difficult for a buyer to prove they are genuine and the likes of Paypal these days tends to favour more the buyer than the seller.

Of course nothing is 100% and unfortunately that is the risk of buying on a forum, the prices are lower but ultimately it's almost all done on trust.

Reactions: MichiganMavic
There's nothing 'crazy' about it as it's an effective procedure to cut down spammers and works well across a range forums, of course it doesn't stop scammers entirely but it's quick and simple to implement and it does significantly cut down both the scammers and the spam as well. Many scammers are after a quick and easy payoff because there's plenty of other opportunities out there and even those that do bother to try and circumvent post limits are so easy to spot the account is shut down long before it reaches the point.
True , very true but. If you know what your doing. One can make them self look like thousand posts. Been member since 2016. Verified user. Even have a great looking picture. All done within minutes working. I will not talk about this anymore. I was just saying just because it has a lock doesn’t mean it is safe. I personally think the phone call idea is good. And never thought about get item then pay. Wish it worked like that. I always hate the waiting game myself. Lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard