DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Why do you hate drones?"

Ad all this to being an off-road scum trying to destry the planet.

I've owned an inspire for about 2 years and I've gotten more wary feed back from that one just because of its looks than the Mavic.
Recently I've been taking the Mavic out more (just because its easier to travel with. Public reception to the Mavic is a LOT more positive than the Inspire, as its a bit less intimidating and smaller (cute?).
I'd imagine the spark will grandfather newcomers or wary folk in with its cute harmless look.

I am curious as to which would get better reactions between the Mavic and Spark. The Spark is smaller and looks more like a toy. But the Mavic (at least the Platinum) is much quieter. I don't really know which bothers the public more, the menacing look or sound?

In psychology it's called egocentrism. People don't realize how insignificant they are in the world and think they are being spied upon.

Reactions: Carljames72
I am curious as to which would get better reactions between the Mavic and Spark. The Spark is smaller and looks more like a toy. But the Mavic (at least the Platinum) is much quieter. I don't really know which bothers the public more, the menacing look or sound?

Combination of the two.

When I flew a P3 I would be approached 80% by angry people. "What are you doing?!?! Are you spying on me/my dog/kids/etc?"
When I sold it for a Mavic, which I put faux WW2 bomber decals on, I get approached by 95% interested people. "Nice drone! See anything cool up there?"
Now when I fly the Spark I get 100% drone people. Regular people hear it, see it, and then ignore me. The only people who approach me tell me that they either have a Spark or that they have "a better one."
Of course this is all anecdotal.

People hated and feared cars when they first starting getting popular. Also, a lot of people just like to be angry at something.

There's something about drones that sends ignorant humans into a frothing rage

I still have yet to figure out what it is. Look how many YouTube videos there are of people coming up and physically attacking drone pilots, or trying to throw objects at the drone to knock it down

Its amazing

You're all wrong!
It's simply of the most basic weaknesses of mankind
Jealousy
They all wish THEY could afford to own one and have as much fun as us and they channel that thru anger
:D

Reactions: macoman
You're all wrong!
It's simply of the most basic weaknesses of mankind
Jealousy
They all wish THEY could afford to own one and have as much fun as us and they channel that thru anger
:D
i dont think so,if it were true then half the members here are droneless:p

I believe It's a noise association lesson.
first interaction that the unkowing have with our flying craft's is the Noise..... "BUZZ"
that BUZZ raises the hair on most people neck most have two primal reaction FEAR and or ANGER.!

Since we were young
Thing that "buzz"....
Usually the interaction has not ended with a very happy ending.

Bee's(Whasp),Mosquito's,Weed wacker.... "BUZZ"= PAIN.
Why drones.? can't bee hating little insect they are "Gods" creatures
..............cR

Reactions: Szepy_lc8
I'm really new in it, only a few hours all together so I didn't have the chance to meet and discuss any bystander's feelings but these are the most obvious reasons for hate:
1. Fear of the unknown as it was mentioned earlier.
2. Possible spying activities.

The main difference between quads and security / surveillance systems that the latter ones are controlled and managed according to the official policies. At least that's what most people would like to think. On the other hand most these activities are well hidden.
Even if you notice a surveillance act on your environment, who would you trust more? Some nerd looking geek who has no life for sure or someone from the Great Authority? :)
Cell phone and other cameras are other topic - you obviously see who uses them and have the chance to ask questions.

With quads you have good chances that you don't see the operator - he/she has the chance to hide -, buzzes like large bunch of angry bees (obviously you only recognize quads when you're hearing them), capable of seeing through the walls and a dark background community uses them to take over the world. ;)
What other reasons would be possible? If they think they're normal why these quad operators are not spending their freetime in pubs / malls like ordinary people? :)

Reactions: charliesRig
It's probably the stupid operators. And this forum certainly isn't free of them.

People were wowed when the technology was new. Now it’s stories about Invasion if privacy.

I try to fly out of sight of people

I think you give people too much credit for rational thought. The simple truth is that we live in a world where we're over connected. We know everything. And we know it when it happens in real time. We know what people think. When they eat. What they like. And when they take a dump.

The anonymity of social media has given humans a platform to form and express an opinion about everything. While we've always had this ability, we can now share it with the world at a moment's notice.

It's given people a set of ( Mod Removed ), where they now think they can just get in your face and share that opinion whether solicited or not, whereas prior generations usually kept that information to themselves.

I don't believe it's that they don't like drones... I just think they don't like anyone or anything that deviates from their vision of utopia, and they've been trained to believe that its their responsiblity to "school" the other humans into compliance with that vision.

In their minds, I believe many of them truly believe that your drone should be their drone. You have a toy and they don't and that's simply not right. You could virtually remove the word drone and insert any other object into this conversation and the results will be the same.

It's simply best not to humor these people by reinforcing their percieved sense of entitlement to critique ANYTHING you're doing. It's much like feeding the pigeons... You give them what they want and they crap on you anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Szepy_lc8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman