DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my Spark have better photo quality than Mavic mini

emaad

Reactions
Hello, My brand new Mavic mini has horrible image quality. The first photo is from the mini and the second is from the spark. Also, first time posting.

DJI_0013.JPGDJI_0729.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
I'd suggest because they are different cameras/different landscapes/different angle of shot/different camera settings...
Yeah, it’s hard to judge since the pics are taken in different lighting and from different angles. The Spark pic does look subjectively better to me, but the lighting also looks more favorable (Spark pic looks like it was taken on a mostly clear day while the MM looks like it was cloudy).

I will say the Spark pic looks sharper; I assume this is an issue of the file uploaded or format used and not something inherent in the photo.

The only real way to do a true fair comparison is to take them up at the same time, same angle, etc. Maybe you can have a friend help. The Mini has a max resolution of 2.7k, the Spark is only 1080p, but takes great photos (and videos). I've got a Spark, but no Mini.

Hey if you look at the SPARK and compare it to the MINI the similarities are remarkable. It looks like DJI simply upgraded the housing to take advantage of the Mavic Style. Yes the redesign did simplify the SPARK to make the design meet weight goal. And yes the redesign did provide performance improvements.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello, My brand new Mavic mini has horrible image quality. The first photo is from the mini and the second is from the spark. Also, first time posting.

View attachment 115092View attachment 115094

You are right. Thanks. This makes me glad that I never sold my spark or my platinum. And I don’t think that I ever will. At least not for a long while.

Reactions: Thomas B
The first photo is from the mini and the second is from the spark.
There's too much difference to be able to compare the images.
You need to shoot them from the same position but these are from far apart.
However one difference that's noticeable is that the one shot with the Mini is about a half stop over exposed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada