DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does the map keep going blank?

bburnett15

Reactions
New Air 2s- map was working but sometimes it goes blank. I find it to be helpful in a number of circumstances, so i’d like to try to prevent it from happening- any recommendations?

New Air 2s- map was working but sometimes it goes blank. I find it to be helpful in a number of circumstances, so i’d like to try to prevent it from happening- any recommendations?
Blank as in it freezes, blacks out, turns white?

If this is a normal controller are the phone's GPS and location services switched on?
If in an area where there is no www connection, has the map for the area been previously downloaded (however you do that) to the phone?

Reactions: Capt KO
As said, maps must be preloaded for the area you are in, when WiFi available. Had to do that for my recent vacation to a new location.

Preloaded how? M2P using the same SC never has this problem and i have only used the A2s in my home state.
When home open your local map page in FLY and zoom out to where you’re going, satellite view. Maps now loaded and will be available for offline use while flying. I like to zoom in and cover my flight area, not sure if it adds detail but gives me a good idea of conditions. Warnings may pop up in the future that your offline maps are going to expire. They take up space. Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: bburnett15
You can always turn your phone into a hotspot when you get there and load the maps on location. Prefer preload but in emergencies….

To save storage space, open ‘Fly Spots’ on opening page and type in destination to access that local map then cover where you want to fly. Maps stored and easy to delete as well in Fly Spots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov