DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does the Mavic air 2 not use DJI Go4?

I've been in software for 40 years. Sometimes you just have to give up on the old app and start from scratch. Much changes over the years. I used GO4 for years with Sparks. I kinda like Fly.

I've been in software for 40 years. Sometimes you just have to give up on the old app and start from scratch. Much changes over the years. I used GO4 for years with Sparks. I kinda like Fly.
I've spent a week on vacation with a pro 2 and an air 2

Fly is easier but I miss all the data that go4 provides.

The air 2 controller is much better

But the pro 2 using go4 does mean I used that first and the air 2 second

If fly imported all the visual data I'd be happy but then it'd just be a port I guess.

Reactions: Hauptmann
G'day, Mate!
Litchi does not work with the MA2 yet. It recently was adapted to work with the Mini. The MA2 came out later. I think it's only a matter of time. Litchi is a great product, and is worth the wait. DJI Go 4 may be phased out. The consensus seems to be that DJI Fly will be improved and expanded, and will be adapted to run all DJI consumer drones.

The MA2 SDK will be released to developers in the 4Th quarter after which Litchi will begin to support the MA2. If the pattern is the same as when the SDK was issued for the mini then by the end of October.

Reactions: Hauptmann
There’s a 64-bit version of DJI go for android and iOS.
The apps I’ve converted to 64 bit on android pretty much just required a couple of checkboxes and maybe a few warnings fixed.

The truth of the matter is they chose not to make a 32-bit version of fly which makes sense.

The real reason is to keep people like me from ever buying an aircraft that uses fly. And in my case it worked as soon as I see that it uses fly it’s a big fat no.

Other than marketing consideration there’s no reason why it could not use go. But they want you to pay the more money for the better app.

Dronelink which uses the DJI UX SDK had no problem with the mini.

You get what you pay for.
september nearly here ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada