DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does the quality vary?

First thing that comes to mind is some of the video looks like you might not have used the SD card and gotten some it from the Phone of the Cashe.

Second thing its possible your lens had some condensation , if it was not air tight.

Third , be sure to clear your timeline so you wont have Black space thru out the video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

First thing that comes to mind is some of the video looks like you might not have used the SD card and gotten some it from the Phone of the Cashe.

Second thing its possible your lens had some condensation , if it was not air tight.

Third , be sure to clear your timeline so you wont have Black space thru out the video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
thanks for the reply. Can you just clarify the black space throughout the video please?

I also see atmospheric haze in some shots, but not in others. It reduces both the clarity and color saturation of those shots.

thanks for the reply. Can you just clarify the black space throughout the video please?
Your video clips end at 40-secs but the video continues in black for another 1-minute and 9-secs. If you check the entire timeline you should see the ‘out’ point (the end of the active video) is set at 1:09 beyond the last pictures. You just need to slip the out point back to the end of the fade out at around 40-secs.

Reactions: Terencejames1975
Your video clips end at 40-secs but the video continues in black for another 1-minute and 9-secs. If you check the entire timeline you should see the ‘out’ point (the end of the active video) is set at 1:09 beyond the last pictures. You just need to slip the out point back to the end of the fade out at around 40-secs.
That's weird. Must have thrown an error when uploading to Youtube. Can confirm that the video is only 40 odd seconds long.

I've just put together some footage I've taken over the last year on my Mavic Pro 2. Any ideas why the quality varies so much? All feedback welcome too!

Either you are using the copy of the image transmitted from the drone to the phone/controller or you are really doing things wrong in editing.

I've just put together some footage I've taken over the last year on my Mavic Pro 2. Any ideas why the quality varies so much? All feedback welcome too!
The biggest quality variations are due to one thing. LIGHT.

If you shoot EXACTLY the same scene on
1. A cloudy day
2. A bright sunny day
3. In magic hour
4. With the sun behind you
5. With the sun facing you
Then the quality of your footage can vary from washout/dull garbage to absolutely amazing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej