DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does the Spark deserve a Spherical Panorama mode when the Mavic doesnt?

Why does the Spark get a Spherical Pano option, but the Mavic Pro doesnt?!

I don't get it either - surely this is just a GO4 software feature?

I mean, nothing in the drone firmware needs to change for this to happen, does it?!

DJi Go4 4.1.18 released. Added pano mode for Mavic. Not sure if it includes spherical pano.

Your also better off shooting in 4:3 aspect ratio, to expose the full sensor. It will require fewer images to complete the panorama.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Your also better off shooting in 4:3 aspect ratio, to expose the full sensor. It will require fewer images to complete the panorama.
I wondered about using portrait mode. I noticed when I made a spherical pano from video that ICE said that it stitched 20 images. I was surprised that it worked with so few images.

Yeah I have Litchi, but makes me very nervous using a non-DJI app. It does a decent job, but takes FOREVER for some reason.
I also use ICE, and saw that it had a video option, but never tried it. I think I prefer the higher pixel count of stills, but I guess its a bit silly to judge without giving it a go - and it definitely should be quicker than 72 RAW images in Litchi :)

Reactions: Ping^Spike
DJI GO 4 4.1.18 has been released in the UK Apple App store supporting Pano shooting modes.

Unfortunately the required firmware, 1.4.1.0, doesn’t appear to have been released yet.

Presumably not far away.

Last edited:
You can also make a panorama, including 360°, from a series of still shots, with PTGui.
Or for less than 360°, Photoshop's Photomerge works nicely.

Or use Litchi instead of GO4, which offers a pano function as well...
Yeah Litchi is really easy look at this one I did , after the photos were taken it took 7 mins max on Microsoft ICE

Attachments

• B89E380A-744D-4E99-909B-37167295F16A.jpeg
    B89E380A-744D-4E99-909B-37167295F16A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
Reactions: singlecask
Microsoft ICE, its a free program.

Gee that work great with my Mac, NOT!

BTW someone told me that if you use anything but DJI GO 4 with the Mavic DJI will not support the Mavic if there is a problem with it. Is that true...

Sorry for the Noob question but new to the Mavic, but have been building a flying quads and larger for 4 years.

I'm not a Mac user so I don't know. Since it is made by microsoft, I doubt it. Might be able to run it in a Windows emmulator.

Mac users don't need to run an emulator as all Intel MACs now support BOOTCAMP where you can setup a Dual-Boot to run Windows or Linux natively.

BTW someone told me that if you use anything but DJI GO 4 with the Mavic DJI will not support the Mavic if there is a problem with it. Is that true...
If it flies away, they will not warrant it. Even though the app saves a log file, they will say they cannot use it.

If it flies away, they will not warrant it. Even though the app saves a log file, they will say they cannot use it.

I can tell you that's absolutely not true. Shortly after I got my Mavic, I was flying with Litchi. I experienced the issue of not wanting to return home because it was going straight into the sun. It fell from the sky and broke. After some back and forth, DJI replaced it with a brand new one, no charge. So the above statements are not true at all, maybe it depends on the case.

I can tell you that's absolutely not true. Shortly after I got my Mavic, I was flying with Litchi. I experienced the issue of not wanting to return home because it was going straight into the sun. It fell from the sky and broke. After some back and forth, DJI replaced it with a brand new one, no charge. So the above statements are not true at all, maybe it depends on the case.
But you recovered it right? Please re read my post. If it is a flyaway, falls in the ocean, or other situation where it cannot be recovered, they will deny warranty because they don't have the log from the aircraft. They will not accept a Litchi log on your device.
Here is a quote from their rep on the DJI forum:
So if there was a malfunction of the aircraft and it is lost and you are using Litchi then there is no warranty as DJI cannot perform a flight analysis. or if your aircraft crashed from 1,000ft and was totally destroyed then they cannot analyze the flight data recorder so if you used a 3rd party app for that flight then there is no warranty.

Last edited:
When using Microsoft ICE to create a panorama from a video, it might be a good idea to semi-automate the process with the DroneBlocks iOS App. You‘d have to manually set exposure and then start a script like the one below.

Can‘t tell you if it works and if the values are good, since my Mavic is only two days old and I couldn’t fly it yet (weather...), but I‘m certainly gonna try this.

d82f4b6f79be311609d76455853b3892.jpg

Tried another spherical 360 pano from video. This time I did 3 rotations at different tilt angles to get the full spherical view. ICE handled it just fine. Might have needed less rotations if I had thought to switch to portrait mode. Anyway, I think it came out pretty good.
multilevel pano_stitch
Nice pano! when you say ICE, what do you refer to? Software? THx

But you recovered it right? Please re read my post. If it is a flyaway, falls in the ocean, or other situation where it cannot be recovered, they will deny warranty because they don't have the log from the aircraft. They will not accept a Litchi log on your device.
Here is a quote from their rep on the DJI forum:
So if there was a malfunction of the aircraft and it is lost and you are using Litchi then there is no warranty as DJI cannot perform a flight analysis. or if your aircraft crashed from 1,000ft and was totally destroyed then they cannot analyze the flight data recorder so if you used a 3rd party app for that flight then there is no warranty.

Oops, sorry, didn't read it well apparently. Yes, I recovered it and sent it to them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO