DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why I'm going for the Zoom

Dan

Reactions
Yeah, the higher resolution would be nice including the extra stop in exposure. But 2x zoom, even through it doesn't sound like much. At least to me. In regards to:

Photography
1 stop is not enough so I generally bracket my shoots. But thinking about it, the one thing that I have found annoying in some of my shoots is to crop in post to make a good composition. With the Zoom I can at least minimize the amount of cropping and gain some resolution back.

Video
Doing mostly family and personal (car video's), not having to fly down or fly closer should hopefully extend battery life also I did shoot some video at my brother's outdoor wedding and too get the video I wanted required the drone to be close enough that everyone was able to hear.

thoughts, and your reasoning.

I went for the Pro. With the 2 video recording modes (4K HQ and 4K Full FOV) It's like having a 28mm and 40mm prime lens on one drone. The zoom function didn't interest me as much as the 10-bit 1" sensor Hasselblad did. Here's a video that describes the difference between HQ and Full FOV on the Pro:

I went for the Pro. With the 2 video recording modes (4K HQ and 4K Full FOV) It's like having a 28mm and 40mm prime lens on one drone. The zoom function didn't interest me as much as the 10-bit 1" sensor Hasselblad did. Here's a video that describes the difference between HQ and Full FOV on the Pro:

thanks, I've seen that video and it makes sense... As long as I plan on always shooting in 4K which is roughly only 20%

thanks, I've seen that video and it makes sense... As long as I plan on always shooting in 4K which is roughly only 20%
OH ok, I always shoot 4K even if a client asks for 1080, that way I can crop and stabilize in post if I need to without any loss of resolution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun