DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is there no discount in Europe?

aeciolemos

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I keep getting emails from DJI saying that through August 27th, they are offering up to 20% discount on drones. I see that the Mini 3 Pro + DJI-RC (which is what I want to upgrade to) is for US $819 (with a 10% discount) in the US. However, once I change over to Europe (Ireland in my case), it shoots up to 1019 euros! If I convert in today's rate, in the US it is selling for around 750 euros. That is about a 270 euro difference!!!

Interestingly, Aer Lingus usually has flights to the US around US $150 so for the same money, I could go to the US and pick it up in person :D

Anyone know why DJI is selling for so much more in Europe?

Cheers

I keep getting emails from DJI saying that through August 27th, they are offering up to 20% discount on drones. I see that the Mini 3 Pro + DJI-RC (which is what I want to upgrade to) is for US $819 (with a 10% discount) in the US. However, once I change over to Europe (Ireland in my case), it shoots up to 1019 euros! If I convert in today's rate, in the US it is selling for around 750 euros. That is about a 270 euro difference!!!

Interestingly, Aer Lingus usually has flights to the US around US $150 so for the same money, I could go to the US and pick it up in person :D

Cheers
But you might run into difficulties with customs, warranty and care refresh, if customs caught you the duty due would probably hurt.

But you might run into difficulties with customs, warranty and care refresh, if customs caught you the duty due would probably hurt.
Yes, there is all that. Even if I had it shipped over, it would be more expensive. The question is why is the drone so much more expensive here in Europe? It is such a big difference and the lack of a discount on their so advertised sale is what is bothering me.

It is such a big difference and the lack of a discount on their so advertised sale is what is bothering me.
It is common business practice to have different offers/discounts in different parts of the world. Nothing unusual about that.
As for why DJI does that now with this particular offer, you have to ask them...

Yes, there is all that. Even if I had it shipped over, it would be more expensive. The question is why is the drone so much more expensive here in Europe? It is such a big difference and the lack of a discount on their so advertised sale is what is bothering me.
'cause we get ripped off !

Reactions: Skydreamer

Cheers
You not got a friend in NI to pick you one up?

Cheers
I just purchased 2 days ago a M3P on sale from Amazon (I’m in Canada). They gave me the sale price of 10% off. Furthermore, any Canadian retailer of DJI products is offering the sale prices until August 27. Did you try checking a more local DJI retailer or your appropriate Amazon?

Reactions: aeciolemos

Cheers
Taxes. Here in Canada, we pay through the nose in taxes. In the EU, you have the same thing.

Taxes. Here in Canada, we pay through the nose in taxes. In the EU, you have the same thing.
That might explain it. I wonder if buying in the US restricts warranty or anything like that. Care Refresh from what I know if I just have to buy it in Ireland. I am not sure I can buy Care Refresh in Ireland for a drone bought in the US, though. I guess I need to ask DJI.

I looked around some DJI retailers in Ireland on the web. They all seem to be just over 1000 Euros For the M3P. Maybe that is the sale price?
Unfortinately that does seem to be the price. I was hoping for a price drop with the Air3 launch but I don't see it yet. I am just dissapointed that the sale in the US did not make it to the EU.

I just purchased 2 days ago a M3P on sale from Amazon (I’m in Canada). They gave me the sale price of 10% off. Furthermore, any Canadian retailer of DJI products is offering the sale prices until August 27. Did you try checking a more local DJI retailer or your appropriate Amazon?
Even on Amazon I don't get a discount. There was a small discount on the DJI site for a few days, but I missed that.

IF I could live in Dublin I don't think I would mind the extra fee too much 🥴
This Coming from a guy sweating it out here in Southern California. By the way- Have Drone Will Travel:cool:
Thanks for the laugh :D
Yep, I love the weather here, very stable all year with a very acceptable change between Winter and Summer.
Hey, maybe you are on to something there. Travel companion photographer! I wonder if anyone would pay for that! Maybe locally, not to travel with - I go to California and hire you to follow me on my vacation, taking pictures! Business Idea!

Reactions: Cafguy

I am unfamiliar with the financial model of companies such as Amazon. Still, it seemed they should also have warehouses in Europe so that discounts could be possible. Or am I just unlucky? However, I am interested in this situation. As part of my future studies at a business school, I will probably research it using https://essays.edubirdie.com/finance-assignments and try to analyze the European market. I am used to developing and learning new things, so I hope that this study will shed some light on this issue.
Cheers
It looks like you're just unlucky. I feel the same every time I see a discount on Amazon for something I don't need right now, but when I need this thing, I don't see a deal 😁 Edit I see the discount I need!

Last edited:
It looks like you're just unlucky. I feel the same every time I see a discount on Amazon for something I don't need right now, but when I need this thing, I don't see a deal 😁
Yes, that is quite frustrating. I am, however, waiting for the Black Friday deals now. I think I better wait since it seems there are quite a few upgrading from the MIni 3 Pro to the Air 3. I don't need such a big or expensive drone, so I'll either get a used M3P or wait for the promos to come by. I did see one yesterday but it, again, was for US customers only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13