DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why not store battery in the drone?

kentdavidge

Reactions
DJI advises against storing the battery in the drone for an 'extended period of time'. But assuming I have depleted the battery down to 55%, what damage may be caused by letting it sit inside the aircraft?

DJI advises against storing the battery in the drone for an 'extended period of time'. But assuming I have depleted the battery down to 55%, what damage may be caused by letting it sit inside the aircraft?
I would assume it could be possible to create some damage to the contacts in the drone's battery compartment and/or the battery. Other possibilities could include damage to the drone by the battery becoming defective.

I would assume it could be possible to create some damage to the contacts in the drone's battery compartment and/or the battery. Other possibilities could include damage to the drone by the battery becoming defective.
Thanks for the input. So you always remove your battery from the drone when not flying?

Thanks for the input. So you always remove your battery from the drone when not flying?
I usually do at least one photo shoot per day. If I were to take a few days off, I would probably dislodge the battery but leave it resting in the drone.

Reactions: kentdavidge
They are probably trying to eliminate the worst case scenario where a damaged battery could cause damage to the drone.

Reactions: kentdavidge
There may be a very slim possibility of turning the aircraft ON while in the case, powering up the aircraft.

Although highly unlikely to get the button push sequence correct to turn it ON, but you never know if it's sitting in the case while driving to the destination and it brushed up on something in the case.

Ya' beat me to it Yorkshire_Pud.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirtimo