DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why RID Receivers....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe most are worrying a lot about nothing. 🤷‍♂️
The world would be a boring place if we had nothing to worry about.

The media sure do love to whip things into a frenzy though. Drone use, in general, gets no love from the media. As a result, there's a lot of misinformation and ignorance out there.

I'm always amazed when, at any social gathering, someone might ask me how my drone flying is going these days, and then there's always someone else in the bunch who will ask if I use it to spy on my neighbours? Or there's always someone who brings up the fact that consumer grade drones are being used in Ukraine to drop grenades. "Isn't that horrible?" As though a soldier being killed by a grenade falling from a drone is somehow much worse than a civilian being killed by a cruise missile launched from far away in the next country.

Try as I might to explain the many good uses, how much safer the use of UAVs compared to any manned aviation, the personal joy of flight without the need of leaving the ground yourself, the many spectacularly beautiful photos and videos posted by other... Nonetheless, the overall feedback I get from others tends to be that drones are dangerous and should be feared, if not outright banned. Any benefit you personally might be getting should instead be viewed as a selfish pursuit gained only at the risks posed to innocent bystanders.

Every regulatory measure imposed so far has been touted as preventing or mitigating the "potential risk" of things that "might happen". At every step of the way, much hoopla has been raised to stress how horrible the consequences could be if anything might happen. "Just think of what could have happened!" Yet the number of things that "have actually happened" is minute compared to the millions of hours of UAV flight that have been conducted anywhere and everywhere around the world.

Of course the lack of actual injury data can be pointed to as "proof" of how effective these regulations have already been. 🤔 But if that's the case, then why the need for ever more regulation, like RID? It all seems so far out of proportion to the actual risk. Meanwhile, why isn't RID in the form of ADSB not yet mandatory for all manned aircraft? You'd think that would be an obvious higher priority, no?

If RID helps keep folks flying within the rules and reduces the number of those giving the hobby & UAV business's a bad name, then I think the benefits far outweigh any possible downside. If you follow the rules you don't have to worry about it.
The RID module in and of itself doesn't do any such thing. Criminals don't follow the rules, so they won't be participating. But as many people have already said, the RID module will only lead to more situations where the ones who install it won't be doing themselves any favor.

the ones who install it won't be doing themselves any favor.the ones who install it won't be doing themselves any favor.
Other than follow the rules 🧐

You know guys this subject has been rehashed in so many threads
its pitiful. It’s coming and nothing you can do about it other than
become a hacker then if you mess up it’s on you.
I think this thread has run its course and sure their will be more
but till then enough of this one.
CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member