DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why would a Litchi mission fly different with a P4P and MP?

Brojon

Reactions
The Phantom 4 Pro seemingly plays nicer with Litchi.
I run a couple of missions to test endurance and for evaluation. The one I ran last night is multiple loops totaling 5 miles and has incrementing speeds then a height shift so I can evaluate best speeds for flying at different heights.
The first 4 loops are 10, 15, 20 and 25 mph at 120 ft then shifts to 200 and repeats the speeds.
The P4P executes the mission faithfully and in fact can fly the entire mission on a full battery.
But half the time the Mavic will ignore the speed changes and fly the entire mission at the initial speed of 10 mph. The other half it will increment but top out at 20 mph - I know it can do better because when it executes RTH from the battery getting low it hustles back at 24 mph.
Wonder why that's the case...

The Phantom 4 Pro seemingly plays nicer with Litchi.
I run a couple of missions to test endurance and for evaluation. The one I ran last night is multiple loops totaling 5 miles and has incrementing speeds then a height shift so I can evaluate best speeds for flying at different heights.
The first 4 loops are 10, 15, 20 and 25 mph at 120 ft then shifts to 200 and repeats the speeds.
The P4P executes the mission faithfully and in fact can fly the entire mission on a full battery.
But half the time the Mavic will ignore the speed changes and fly the entire mission at the initial speed of 10 mph. The other half it will increment but top out at 20 mph - I know it can do better because when it executes RTH from the battery getting low it hustles back at 24 mph.
Wonder why that's the case...

My MPP did not always fly at the default speed from waypoint to waypoint. My mission default speed was set to 25 mph. It (MPP) would hit the same waypoint each time it executed the mission and drop to 17 mph, Then hit a later waypoint and go back to 25mph. My P4 flew the same mission all at 25mph.

Over the weekend I refreshed my MPP firmware and now it flew the mission 25mph from start to finish.

Maybe a refresh with all new calibrations (IMU, compass remote, gimbal) will do the trick? It did for me.

Worth a shot I guess. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast