DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why would I buy a Mavic 3 in CT?

THEYNINE

Reactions
I have a first gen mini. If im not in the backyard, I fly it in remote cemetaries where any complainers are dead. The state parks dont want you flying here so how do I shoot lakes or whatever? I really like the images coming out of the new big MAVIC 3 pro. But if you have to go out of state to find something worth capturing, its limited to long road trips. . So I’m looking at the new mini 3, which I can fly over my house and shoot better sunsets anyway. Where would a full size MAVIC 3 Cine be of any value living in CT? Or would I just be flushing cash down the toilet?

Reactions: New England Droning
I know what you mean, somedays it seems like it gets harder to find "safe" places to fly. I did a little error and flew near the Essex steam train and while no one yelled at me I haven't really published the footage because I'm not sure how far either side of the tracks they control.
Basically I had it in "tripod mode and I recorded it coming down the track and then I switched to my cellphone as it passed me by while my mini2 hovered and after it passed I climbed in elevation and followed the train for 75-100 yards before I quit... Then a friend who lives in CT says they (the train org) control the "park" but I'm not sure if this is the same as the state folks being unhappy...
Either way I think you need to check with different state groups and see where you can fly... Is there a local UAS group or R/C modelers group you can join? They can maybe answer the questions better>

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato