DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wi Fi disconnect IOS

Jerry

Reactions
So I tried controlling her on iPhone 6 with wifi, I must point out that I ungraded iPhone recently and I know it damaged Bluetooth connectivity but it may also have limited the wifi.

Flew only 20 to 30 metres away lost signal, wouldn't re connect, signal comes and goes, panicked! .. pressed RTH and off she goes to 70m .. as she descends I realise she is over a tree! .. freaking out trying to cancel RTH and get control ... RTH cancels and it's about 35m up and 5m above a tree! And disconnected again !

I try resetting phone / app / wifi ... nothing !!!!

Trying to decide how to how I'll retrieve / if she may miss all the branches and can catch it / how much it will cost .. etc etc !

Then a brain wave ! ... shout the wife ... quick get my iPad !!!! ... "no .. I'm doing my nails" she replies !!!! .....

Glad I had extra morning coffee, ran and got iPad .. switch on, never used wifi on iPad to connect mavic, but .... Omg ! .. finds it, connects, didn't even ask for password..

Landed safe and sound ! .. 3 mins battery left it said .. Phew !!!

So I have this morning learned ..

1. I can flip control from device to device while mid air re wifi.

2. Don't take off right by my door and trees etc.

3. I need a new iPhone

P.s.. my wife's nails look lovely btw [emoji4]

So I tried controlling her on iPhone 6 with wifi, I must point out that I ungraded iPhone recently and I know it damaged Bluetooth connectivity but it may also have limited the wifi.

Flew only 20 to 30 metres away lost signal, wouldn't re connect, signal comes and goes, panicked! .. pressed RTH and off she goes to 70m .. as she descends I realise she is over a tree! .. freaking out trying to cancel RTH and get control ... RTH cancels and it's about 35m up and 5m above a tree! And disconnected again !

I try resetting phone / app / wifi ... nothing !!!!

Trying to decide how to how I'll retrieve / if she may miss all the branches and can catch it / how much it will cost .. etc etc !

Then a brain wave ! ... shout the wife ... quick get my iPad !!!! ... "no .. I'm doing my nails" she replies !!!! .....

Glad I had extra morning coffee, ran and got iPad .. switch on, never used wifi on iPad to connect mavic, but .... Omg ! .. finds it, connects, didn't even ask for password..

Landed safe and sound ! .. 3 mins battery left it said .. Phew !!!

So I have this morning learned ..

1. I can flip control from device to device while mid air re wifi.

2. Don't take off right by my door and trees etc.

3. I need a new iPhone

P.s.. my wife's nails look lovely btw [emoji4]

Ok so as an update, wifi on both iPad or iPhone say "Signal Lost" top left of screen, however I have visual via camera and I can control gimbal .. if I restart Go4 (updated yesterday) it says connected for an instant then no signal .. any help appreciated .. thx

Yes I've seen this on dji official forum also, but as yet no ideas as to why or what to do ... help please guys and girls .. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman