DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wife and I made the drive to the "Spiral Jetty". A land sculpture/art piece that had it's own documentary, it sits right on the Great Salt Lake

Love it! Beautiful video. You had much better light the evening you were there. I made the trip in the spring and nearly got rained out. You’ll see the ominous clouds in some of my shots below. Still one of my favorite trips though. Really cool place to shoot from the air.

Love it! Beautiful video. You had much better light the evening you were there. I made the trip in the spring and nearly got rained out. You’ll see the ominous clouds in some of my shots below. Still one of my favorite trips though. Really cool place to shoot from the air.

Even with the clouds I love your shots, that is awesome. The water/cloud reflections were so cool. One thing I wish I did was fly around the general area more, but it was just below 40 degrees and my fingers were frozen!

Edit: Random Sunset pic I got if anyone wants to see what it looked like!

Last edited:
Even with the clouds I love your shots, that is awesome. The water/cloud reflections were so cool. One thing I wish I did was fly around the general area more, but it was just below 40 degrees and my fingers were frozen!

Edit: Random Sunset pic I got if anyone wants to see what it looked like!

Thanks! Glad you liked it. That sunset shot is amazing! I totally agree on the frozen fingers thing. I did some flying this weekend where it was in the 30s. By the time I got to my third battery, I couldn't feel my fingertips and I was shivering enough that it was hard to make smooth motions with my Mavic. But it was still worth it. :)

Really Cool! We spend some time in the area. I had no idea about it plus hadn’t thought about that the Great Salt Lake would make for some really interesting drone shots.

both great vids. FlyingAndCarp, i would just work with some transitions between your takes. A little jarring on some of them when you change view.
well done though.

both great vids. FlyingAndCarp, i would just work with some transitions between your takes. A little jarring on some of them when you change view.
well done though.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I've always wondered if I should do some soft transitions when it goes top down to like a landscape shot, just haven't tried it out yet. I'll play around with that!

@Cmeflydrone yeah, I want to get back mid day and try to catch the water when it's red from the algae! But that might be a summer thing.

Both beautiful interesting videos. Love the effect of the clouds and their reflections in yours.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78