DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi connectivity

Hirogen

Reactions
I haven’t purchased a Mavic yet but I’ve been reading the forum for a week or two trying to get a feel for the drone experience. One question I have that I haven’t seen on the site yet. The attached review says one of the cons is no WiFi connectivity. I’ve read that in several sites. With my flying area the open desert with no cell service I assume the drone flies with its own WiFi between drone and controller. What kinda of non WiFi connectivity would the reviews be talking about. Thanks is advance.

99A19550-5319-4B72-84DE-7D6BB3D8FE27.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Can you try posting your attachment again? It's not displaying above.

What kinda of non WiFi connectivity would the reviews be talking about.
The review mentions this:

"The bad news is that the Mavic 2 does not have Wi-Fi, so you won't be able to control it using only your mobile device (as you can with the original). This may not matter to most but could be a deal-breaker for some. I'm thinking of action sports enthusiasts who don't want to carry a controller while snowboarding or (or whatever). If you need a drone that you can launch and control with just your phone, then, the Mavic 2 isn't for you."

I own lots of DJI drones and I can tell you first hand that it's no fun trying to control a DJI drone with only a mobile device (and no remote controller). Not only is it hard to control using virtual joysticks on a touch screen, it limits the distance/altitude the drone can be flown. You definitely want a remote controller, so the fact that the Mavic 2 can only be flown with a remote controller is not a con at all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial