DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi hotspot

JetexJim

Reactions
I've just got myself a nice ipad to use with my R/C controller. It doesn't have a SIM card. In order to access the internet when away from my home WiFi I can take my phone and set it up as a WiFi hotspot and then connect the tablet to the phone for internet access.

I can set the WiFi hotspot up on 2.2 GHz or 5 GHz (or possibly Bluetooth).

Given that the Mavic, presumably, will be occupying many local channels on 2.2Ghz for control, telemetry and video streaming then it's better to set the hotspot up on 5GHz? Or are there other consideration?

What does the team thinK?

Reactions: newguy
The Mavic when using Lightbridge (not wifi control) is using a completely different radio signal than WiFi. So even if within the same spectrum, the signals don't affect each other... other than to cause a slight interference at the most. I'd not worry about it unless you are having issues.

Pedantic I know... But the Mavic uses occusync and not lightbridge

I am using Verizon Jetpack and it's working just fine. I am simultaneously using more than 5 connections on it and in my opinion, it is one of the best WiFi mobile Hotspots out there.

I am using Verizon Jetpack and it's working just fine. I am simultaneously using more than 5 connections on it and in my opinion, it is one of the best WiFi mobile Hotspots out there.
Thank you, I was looking this item yesterday, thinking about using it to connect with Wi Fi while out in the field, away from my Wi Fi. I'll pick one up soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece