DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will 2018 see the DJI MAVIC PRO II?

On the other end of the spectrum I'd also like to see a Mavic Lite. Same frame but some reduced features and reduced cost. Maybe single compass, single IMU, 2.7k camera on 2axis gimbal, no downwards flow vision. If same price as the still popular Phantom 3 Standard it would be a good seller if the Spark doesn't suit. Should be low cost to design and build since most tooling done.

I was wishing for that as well. Just something that would have the Mavics range and speed. Less money. I record in 2.7k anyway. I would have kept my phantom 3 If it had the range of the Mavic. Something around $500 would be ideal

Here is my wish list:
  • two syncronized main cameras for true 3D image (to be enjoyed via new 3D DJI goggles)
  • some water resistance (ability to survive short periods of rain without need to do lenghy drying)
  • as much additional flight time as possible
  • Flux capacitor (ok, ok - I'm getting carried away here...)

Here is my wish list:
  • two syncronized main cameras for true 3D image (to be enjoyed via new 3D DJI goggles)
  • some water resistance (ability to survive short periods of rain without need to do lenghy drying)
  • as much additional flight time as possible
  • Flux capacitor (ok, ok - I'm getting carried away here...)

I was also thinking about the idea of two cameras. I was thinking one would be just for your view straightahead and the other one would be whatever you want to record. That way you can split the screen to see what your recording and you can watch where you’re going from the other camera. I think that would be an awesome idea

Normally I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay down cash on the odds that they will absolutely release a Mavic Pro 2 this year. Personally, I'd love to see competitors up their games and release new models to challenge and push DJI this year as well. It would be great to see some real innovation from 3DR, Yuneec, GoPro, and others that would help push the prosumer drone market to the next level.
3DR is no longer in business and GoPro is no longer making or selling drones.

Whether its an American drone company or not... It will still be MADE IN CHINA! lol

I know that, you know that but I could post a lengthy conversation I had with a guy on the 3DR Solo forum where he adamantly claimed that Solos were made in America. I literally had to send him a picture of the Made In China sticker to shut him up! Recently, a guy argued with me on this very forum that Autel is an American company. Yeesh.

Reactions: JoKhool
3DR is no longer in business and GoPro is no longer making or selling drones.

I don't know about 3DR, but you can buy a drone on the GoPro website right now. I think you're a bit misinformed on that one. Regardless, I hope Autel and others continue to push the envelope. Evo should be a legitimate competitor to Mavic Air.

Here is my wild idea - Fly aways are common with Mavics. DJI will include lidar sensing technology to allow the drone to land safely ;);)
"common"? No they aren't. "I got blown away" is common.

Mavic Air locked in speculation on Mavic 2. A little larger, more flight time, 1” camera, flight sensors from the Air and new flight autonomy modes. The Mavic Pro & Platinum will go away.

Reactions: Nathanmot
I'd have a few more DJI aircraft if I didn't need to purchase different batteries, chargers and controllers. I like the Mavic Air's gimbal but there just isn't enough upgrades for me to abandon my MP. I was hoping for a slightly larger Mavic with a better camera. I drive to where I fly, prefer my CS 7" ultra bright and use a Titan amp so although I need something reasonably compact, I still don't need a pocket drone. The Mavic Air seems perfect for the folks on foot, bikes and scooters. Probably accounts for a large portion of the world. I told one of my buddies last night that he probably wouldn't see any promo video from DJI showing a bunch of out of shape old men sitting in chairs flying Mavic Air drones.

Normally I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay down cash on the odds that they will absolutely release a Mavic Pro 2 this year. Personally, I'd love to see competitors up their games and release new models to challenge and push DJI this year as well. It would be great to see some real innovation from 3DR, Yuneec, GoPro, and others that would help push the prosumer drone market to the next level.

GoPro has quietly announced it is getting out of the drone business. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.t...80/gopro-drones-business-stopped-layoffs-exit

"common"? No they aren't. "I got blown away" is common.

Thanks for the correction - "blown away" and "operator errors" are common.

Last edited:
3dr had I believe 40000 units manufactured, barely sold 22000. They invested all of their capital into that stock. At this point the manufacturer has taken possession of the stock and plans to sell for pennies on the dollar to recup what they can. Funny thing is 3dr was co-founded by a disgruntled DJI employee. DJI actually offered to buy them outright before the downfall but that offer was “nicely” turned down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo